I'm going to run a simi-live coaches draft for next season.
1. I'll need you guys to make a top 5 list for the coaches you want to change. and PM your list. IE, Head Coach top 5, OC top 5 and so on..
2. You'll still submit a coaches preference file, because if you don't get your guy the computer will select from your preferences.
3. It will be done on a weekend because it will be a long process.
reasons for running a coaches draft;
- Coaches seem to be a very major part of FOF7, player development is huge with the correct coaches.
- They specialize in different position groups so it would be nice to match the groups to our philosophies
- It appears strength coaches are very important to injuries and injury recover
- Should help enhance our CFL experience.
I didn't realize I schedule a sim on thanksgiving so I'm postponing it until Friday.
We will upgrade after the season as always, if you are in other league. Go ahead and upgrade, it's not a problem. If you are on 7.1 and the commish is on 7.0b, it will work.
We will upgrade after the season as always.
skydog did some research and here's what he found;
I've done some testing on this (thanks to PackerFanatic for the help), and I'm pretty sure now that here's how it works.
1. If the commish is on 7.1, then the league is simmed as a 7.1 league. If the commish is on 7.0b, then the league is simmed as a 7.0b league. In terms of which engine is used, it does not matter what the participants are on.
2. If you are a participant and the commish is using 7.1, then you MUST upgrade to 7.1 in order to import the league files. You will receive error messages otherwise.
3. If you are a participant and the commish is using 7.0b, you can be on either 7.0b OR 7.1 and successfully import the league files and send in exports.
4. If you are a participant and are on 7.1 while your league commish is on 7.0b, you will see different salary cap numbers than you actually have, due to the veteran minimum being different in 7.0b vs. 7.1.
5. (NOTE: This one is untested as of now, but based on past experience, this one is VERY likely to be true, especially given that we know that the veteran minimum has changed.) If you are a participant and are on 7.1 while your league commish is on 7.0b, the contract requests that you see will be incorrect. There will be times that you see a player requesting a contract, you submit the requested offer, and he rejects it. That's because the offer is processed on the commish machine, which is on a different version.
Something happened at 2pm today and all the uploads disappeared for Week 8.
Funny thing was, I was at work and had no access to the game so someone would have had to logon as commish and download the stage file through their game. Also they reuploaded the system file so that messed up the stage. I fixed that but couldn't recovers everyones stage file.
Please NO ONE LOG ON AS COMMISH through the game, you can really mess up the stages and the whole league, it's a pain in the ass to fix.
Everyone please upload your files again and I'll run the SIM on friday.