It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Get to know your fel
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:05 am 
Tulsa Talons

There has been a lot of activity on the board this off season, and I know we had one of these threads a long time ago- but I can't seem to find it, must have been on the old board.

So this is a place to get to know the fellow owners, know who all you are dealing with... If you want of course.

As most of y'all know my name is Doug- I am 23, and going into my last year at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette- The Ragin Cajun's. I'll be graduating in the ever exciting field of Accounting. Lets see- born and raised here in Lafayette. I'm a coon ass at heart (and no one down here really cared that Nick Saban called us all coon asses). Favorite NFL team is without a doubt the New Orleans Saints- I had season tickets growing up, got rid of them when Aaron Brooks was running the team into the ground- luckily bought more when the team signed Drew Brees. As far as college football I am not a die hard, but am a big LSU fan, also pull for little UL-Laf even though we are quite bad year in and year out. And also I pull for Southern Miss in the C-USA since I spent my first year of college in Hattiesburg.

I've been playing FOF since FOF2 was picked up by EA sports, I think that was around '99 when I started playing... Have had every version since then and have wasted a huge portion of my life on this game.

I am unemployed right now and looking for an internship in accounting...

I broke my back in October, 3 crushed vertebrae, the worst was my L1. I am "all healed" now though it's not the same as before.

Love to hunt and fish- I've fished as far north as Alaska, and all the way down in Costa Rica.

As you can all tell I'm really bored today- enjoy and get to know your fellow CFL-ers.

Home of Marvin "Muddy Waters" Raffo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:27 am 
Huntington Beach Wolfpack

To use a fishing term: I'll bite. :)

My name is Jeremy. I'm a 34-year-old computer security geek living in Alabama. I'm married to a wife who's way too good to me. We have 2 spoiled rotten dogs and no kids (yet).

I've been a Steelers fan since I was 4 years old. My dad was rooting for the Cowboys in the Super Bowl but I liked the team in black and gold better (same colors as the local high school team). I'm on the waiting list for Steelers season tickets and have been for 11 years. From what I hear it'll probably be another 10 or so before I get them.

I've not been playing FOF very long (since 2004). I used to bein numerous Front Page Sports FBPro leagues (since '98) but almost every one of those leagues died. That's why I switched to FOF.

I love sports. I'm coach and player on my company's softball and basketball teams and I coach and referee youth basketball.

Lastly, I just got my first tattoo less than a month ago. I already have plans for my 2nd and 3rd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:31 am 
Baltimore Barbarians

I'm Tim.

Fun facts:
I'm 25. I turn 26 in a few weeks.

I live in west Michigan.

My girlfriend and I bought our first house about a year ago, and it is both rad and gnarly. It's a decent size - 2500 sqaure feet. (That breaks down to 2000 sq. feet of rad and 500 of gnarly.)

I briefly attended Western Michigan University but found that classes continually got in the way of gathering with friends to indulge of good drink.

I'm 6'5" and weigh about 210. I think that means I can play QB, RB, WR, CB or S, but I will be above the average height which will thus throw off the body mass.

I play badminton a lot with my girlfriend and whoever else dares to challenge me.

I was born in West Virginia and have been a huge WVU fan ever since despite the fact that we moved out of the state when I was 2. I'm a huge college football and basketball fan.

I don't actually follow pro sports very closely. I watch the NFL off and on, and pay attention during the playoffs, but that's about it. Maybe after Steve Slaton gets drafted I'll follow closer.

Post subject: Re: Get to know your
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:49 am 
Las Vegas Rounders

[quoteded5095="Doug5984"]There has been a lot of activity on the board this off season, and I know we had one of these threads a long time ago- but I can't seem to find it, must have been on the old board.
[/quoteded5095]

I think you might be referring to this thread: click here

[quoteded5095="Stretchness"]To use a fishing term: I'll bite. :)[/quoteded5095]

You bit the last time too. It must be that improv background helping you with that original material. :wink:

I'm TurfToe and I'm addicted to football. I don't seek help because I don't want to be cured.

I make comments so witty I'm often confused with a dumbass or considered a genious (see, that's one right there) and I even give Dennis Miller a headache sometimes because my sense of humor is so intellectual. Well, it's either that or I'm just plain psychotic.

I do stuff. I'm married to some lady. There's some kids that call me Dad. I'm trying to be edumacated and should be doing school work right now but I don't want to. A company pays me money to surf this website all day. That lady and those kids keep me too busy to sleep. I TP Meatholes house when he goes to Packer games. If there's a sport where they keep score, it's legal, and my kids want to play it I will coach it. I tried a Cheesy Bean and Rice Burrito at a Taco Hut (Taco Bell and Pizza Hut in the same building) today and I liked it. I will post a better review later today when I see it again. I considered posting more pertinent details in this thread but people who play sport sim games are creepy and weird so I'll pass for now. If I'm in a better mood later I'll try again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:50 am 
Omaha Arrowheads

I'm Josh but everyone calls me Smitty.

I'm a 30 year old unemployed network administrator, with too much free time on my hands. With all this time, I've decided to write my own text based sports RPG game. It's been tough to work on it because of my limited programming skills but it's a very fun challenge.

I currently live with my girlfriend in Nebraska, with our 2 German Sheppard

Atlantic Division Champions - 2007, 2008, 2010, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2028, 2035, 2037, 2039, 2044, 2046, 2047
Eastern Conference Champions - 2008, 2039, 2047
CFL Champions - 2008, 2039, 2047

Last edited by JJ Smitty on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:11 pm 
Chicago Soldiers

I won't use any fishing metaphors, so you can't lure me in. I won't be baited.

I feel damn old. I have daughters your age. I'm a not so nifty fifty, married to a wife--not really into the guy on guy thing--and she's a financial analyst in charge of European investments for a fortune .500 company. She and I are both Indiana University graduates--read: still waiting for a division 1 football program--and we have three daughters and two grandchildren. I majored in education and had taught in the inner city schools of Dayton, and Richmond, Indiana. I had one wonderful teaching stint at Valley View H.S., a farm community that thrives on Ohio H.S. football. I'm retired now and spend most of my days in five leagues, doing laundry, cooking, cleaning, sleeping, and uncontrollable twitching in public appearances.

I spent 12 years in the army, Arctic Air Cavalry, and for the military guys, I was an airborne, air assault, arctic expert who fixed and crewed helicopters. E-6 (P) 67Y3F. Loved every minute of Alaska and Colorado, survived Alabama, and can't remember Virginia or Germany. :wink:

My teams are Indianapolis Colts, Indiana Pacers, Indiana Hoosiers--go Big Red--and the Dayton Dragons. I take in a Cinci Reds game every now and then--my wife gets 'em for free--but I'm a bigger Cubs fan.

I'm 6 foot one, 270 right now, and I played center in football, h.s. and army football.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:16 pm 
Tulsa Talons

Well since everyone is giving height / weight and position- I'm a staggering 5'10, 145 lbs- I could play any skill position on a high school JV team. I did play CB/S when I was younger, but mostly played hockey for about 7 years. I was the Center, and captain of my team.

Football is my # 1 love followed by hockey, although I have a hard time finding a team and following it being way down here in Louisiana. I am also trying to get into basketball so I can follow the Hornets as I hear they have some really great young player- the Reggie Bush of the NBA type guy.

Home of Marvin "Muddy Waters" Raffo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:24 pm 

I'm Craig, and I'm a cheesehead

[i0451e9f]Hiiiiii Craig...[/i0451e9f]

36 and married to a woman too good for me who recently bought me a black leather recliner for my TV watching. Ahhhhh... true love.

2 young kids. The Boy - 7, The Girl - 4

Love the Packers, Brewers and Badgers. I'm an alum from UW-Madison. Watch and attend whatever games I can of them.

6'4" 225 so I'm a S, an OLB in need of weight gain or a WR who needs to do some more cardio.

Playing FOF MP for only about a year.

I love playing sports, but my hand injury has kept me shelved all summer so far. Also has put a hold on the kids' treefort construction in the backyard.

Been living in MN for 10 years in an attempt to convert the heathen locals to the joys of being a WI sports fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:26 pm 
Legendary Former Owner

Let's see...

I'm a 28 year Help Desk Manager (I run the Help Desk for a web-based application for the Navy). I graduated from the College of William and Mary in 2002 with a Sociology degree, but have spent my entire career in IT, mostly in Help Desk (mostly in management at Help Desks).

My #1 sport is football - I follow William and Mary, the University of Tennessee, and the Redskins. Outside of that I have just become a huge fan of William and Mary athletics in general, which has made me a big advocate of I-AA football and mid-major basketball. I continue to live in Williamsburg and have season tickets for both football and basketball.

I started playing FOF in the EA Sports version and was sucked in by reading Quiksand and SkyDog dynasties. I never play SP anymore, in fact I didn't play a single season of SP with 2k4 but I have powered through a few seasons in 2k7 just to try and learn my way around, but I haven't done that since I started this job 2 months ago.

I am engaged to the woman that I have been dating for almost 9 years, we're getting married next March (on our shared birthday). We own a house here in Williamsburg and have two miniature pinschers that might as well be our children.

I'm not quite as excitable in real life (particularly in my job) as I am on this board, it provides a good outlet sometimes for my frustrations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:36 pm 
Shreveport Pride

This is Steve and its no wonder, I run like lightning, pass like thunder.

If you can't tell that makes me a Bears fan. Those Bears faithful know to which song I refer. Although I was born of two Packer Backers in Northern Illinois, the lure of the '85 Bears was too great to resist and I am now a die hard Bear fan, despite my parents' never ending efforts to convert me.

I work in Southern Wisconsin developing, deploying and administering Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), although I do more project management than actual development anymore. When I'm not working or playing FOF, I am very involved in my professional organization, IHRIM.

I am 33 years old, married (yes to a woman), no children, 2 dogs, and 3 dogs. We also involuntarily provide homes for wayward chipmunks and squirrels in our yard and occassionally rabbits as well.

I've been playing FOF since Aylmar and Dataking (from FOFC) introduced me to the product many years ago - FOF2, I believe is the product that I cut my teeth on. I also love TCY and I'm anxiously awaiting Jim's next TCY release whenever that may be.

Eastern Conference Champions
2009, 2031, 2055
CFL Champions
2031, 2055
Hall of Fame
Joshua Mask, Douglas Hartman, Carl Bradford, Leland Wellins, Wally Wooden (#80), Brantley Gilmore (#9)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:39 pm 
Legendary Former Owner

I'm 36, married with a son (1.5 years old) and has recently moved to our first own house. I work as a system developer for a pharmaceutical company.

I'm about 6'0, 175 lbs and have played WR and CB.

3-5 playoff record

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:42 pm 
Legendary Former Owner

My name is Mike and I am a 38 year old software developer (C# mostly). I work in Boston and this is the view out of my office window: http://youtube.com/watch?v=BF-3HiMTjLU. Actually that was made by the guy in the office next to me but the view is the same. The video is from last winter so the river is frozen.

I am married and have a 2.5 year old son.
[img6441193]http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/2610/memorialdayweekend20024tt8.th.jpg[/img6441193]
He was adopted from Russia and arrived home with his forever family in January 2007. It was a very long, very hard road but so worth it in the end. He is practially perfect in every way.

I have been a Patriots fan since I was maybe 8 years old and Feb 3, 2001 was one of the best days of my life. The other 2 Super Bowls were great but nothing like that first one. To quote Bob Ryan: "These are the good old days".

6'2" 190 safety or wide reciever.

Played Pop Warner and high school football but did not play in college. Have been playing FOF since 2002. I went to the University of New Hampshire and am a fan of UNH hockey.

My wife is from MN so I am there several times a year.

I like to travel and have been to most states in the US as well as many trips overseas. We will see how the travel works out with a 2-year-old.

Post subject: Re: Get to know your
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:38 pm 

[quote6c2e801="TurfToe"]

[quote6c2e801="Stretchness"]To use a fishing term: I'll bite. :)[/quote6c2e801][/quote6c2e801]

I'm looking for the fattest part of my ass so you can kiss it. :)

I don't waste my "A" material on "B" people like TT. "C" that you remember it this time, there "D" cup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:39 pm 

Oh and since everyone else is mentioning it:

I'm 6'4" and 250 lbs. I played DE and TE in high school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:33 pm 
Legend Of The Game

My name is Chris(tian)....grew up in New Jersey, went to college in upstate New York, and now live in Raleigh, North Carolina...I'm divorced (never had any kids) with no plans on getting married again anytime soon.

My day job is software engineering - mostly in the Java programming language. It's not nearly as much fun as working on the CFL web site, but it pays much better.

I'm 30 years old, 6'0" and weigh about 180. I'm starting to get back into running now, and I'm hoping my knees and ankles cooperate.

I have been playing FOF since the very first version and was always hoping that one day I could play against other humans so I was thrilled when FOF2004 came out. For some time before that I was planning on writing my own (it would have been called "Go Pro"), but never had the time to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:58 pm 
Las Vegas Rounders

Oh, didn't realize we were doing player bios:

5'11" 225lbs +/- 40lbs. :wink:

Pulling RG and TE in H.S.

Now all I pull is hamstrings.

They tried moving me to DT after I gave my fellow linemen fits during practice but I never played DT in a game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:55 pm 
Santa Cruz Privateers

My name is Frank and I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The city of Escanaba, which is on the south-central part of the UP. They call us Yoopers! I am 36 years old, been married for 10 yrs in July and have 3 kids (9 yr old boy, 6 and 5 yr old girls) that keep in plenty busy. Played hockey from 5 til 18 and some old timer stuff now but mostly into coaching both hockey and baseball. Quit footballl in 8th grade as it interfered with my social life. Spent 4 years in the Navy visiting Hawaii, Japan, Phillipines, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Singapore, and a few others. Am a 1st Gulf War Vet, and currently( 13 years) runnning a HVAC company at a local Paper Mill. Just like competition that is why I joined the CFL even though I really dont have a clue (compared to the hard cores) what is going on.

San Andreas Division Champions: 2005,2007,2015,2017,2018,2019,2020,2021,2028,2032,2035

2032 Western Conference Champions

2032 CFL Champions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:58 am 
Legendary Former Owner

[quote16eaa81="Taco"]My name is Chris(tian)....[/quote16eaa81]

Hey, that's my first name too!

3-5 playoff record

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:59 am 
Legend Of The Game

[quotebfef73f="3ric"][quotebfef73f="Taco"]My name is Chris(tian)....[/quotebfef73f]

Hey, that's my first name too![/quotebfef73f]

Wow, I always assumed it was Eric!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:20 am 
Cleveland Flats

My name is Kevin and I'm a 26 year old who at times feels like he is 46. I currently reside in Southgate, MI, which is about 15 minutes south of Detroit.

I split my time between working third shift, going to school and spending time with the new addition to the family. There isn't much time for sleep. I spend a lot of time on the CFL board while trying to get Brady to sleep. He doesn't seem interested when I run a trade by him or ask his opinion on a FA but he'll learn. Brady at (almost) three months.

[imga3f0868]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/ ... g/baby.jpg[/imga3f0868]

In high school I played soccer and I use the word "play" lightly. We didn't win a game the two years I played and were pretty much horrible. I did keep some stats for the football team and now I've said too much.

I've played owned every FOF and been a member of the CFL from the start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:25 am 
El Paso Rockets

My name is also Jeremy, and I live in Lewisville, TX (though I consider El Paso to be "home"). I'm 30 years old and I guess still considered a newlywed...I got married last August. I'm a bartender at the local Olive Garden but will be starting nursing school in late August. Right now I'm just working my butt off to save up money for a house and trying to convince my wife that it isn't quite the right time to have a baby.

I've been an FOF addict ever since FOF2, and I've also owned FOF4, FOF2k4, and FOF2k7. I'm a FOF MP addict, though I'm trying to cut down on the amount of leagues I'm in 'cause I know when school starts up I won't be able to give my teams the attention they deserve...

6'2" and at the moment right at 200lbs, though not too long ago I was at 220. One of my big regrets in life is that I never played organized football. I went to three different high schools and at each one I had a coach ask me if I wanted to join the team, but I was too infatuated with basketball at that point to play football as well. Stupid Jeeber!

El Paso Rockets
2016, 2037 Wild Card Team
2005, 2006, 2015 Cavalry Divison champs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:45 am 

[quote230735d="Taco"][quote230735d="3ric"][quote230735d="Taco"]My name is Chris(tian)....[/quote230735d]

Hey, that's my first name too![/quote230735d]

Wow, I always assumed it was Eric![/quote230735d]

Same.

It's a twisted, twisted world we live in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:47 am 

[quote4c6636e="JeeberD"]I went to three different high schools and at each one I had a coach ask me if I wanted to join the team, but I was too infatuated with basketball at that point to play football as well. Stupid Jeeber![/quote4c6636e]

My knees disagree with your assessment. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:47 am 
Omaha Arrowheads

[quote415c3d1="Stretch"][quote415c3d1="Taco"][quote415c3d1="3ric"][quote415c3d1="Taco"]My name is Chris(tian)....[/quote415c3d1]

Hey, that's my first name too![/quote415c3d1]

Wow, I always assumed it was Eric![/quote415c3d1]

Same.

It's a twisted, twisted world we live in.[/quote415c3d1]

My brothers name is Chris... This is starting to get strange :D :D

Atlantic Division Champions - 2007, 2008, 2010, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2028, 2035, 2037, 2039, 2044, 2046, 2047
Eastern Conference Champions - 2008, 2039, 2047
CFL Champions - 2008, 2039, 2047

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:28 am 
El Paso Rockets

[quote587af8a="Stretch"][quote587af8a="JeeberD"]I went to three different high schools and at each one I had a coach ask me if I wanted to join the team, but I was too infatuated with basketball at that point to play football as well. Stupid Jeeber![/quote587af8a]

My knees disagree with your assessment. :)[/quote587af8a]

Heh, my knees are bad enough as it is from years of hoops. I guess not playing football was a good thing after all... :P

El Paso Rockets
2016, 2037 Wild Card Team
2005, 2006, 2015 Cavalry Divison champs