It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Anyone from Arizona?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:31 pm 
Tulsa Talons

I think I'm gonna make a road trip to Zona for the Saints game this year, if anyone is from around there I could use some travel advice- seeing the grand canyon has been a dream of mine for years, is it close enough that I could do all that in a long weekend?

Home of Marvin "Muddy Waters" Raffo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:44 pm 
Atlantic City Phantoms

Actually me and bout 4 other people were heading to New Orleans on Oct. 24th...know any good places to stay/eat?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:11 am 
Tulsa Talons

[quote71a4c86="RverDag"]Actually me and bout 4 other people were heading to New Orleans on Oct. 24th...know any good places to stay/eat?[/quote71a4c86]

If it is for the game- I really like staying at the queen & crescent, sometimes the rooms are as low as $60 / night and it's a nice little boutique hotel on Canal St about halfway between the dome and Harrah's (which is on the river basically). Anywhere on Poydras or Canal would be good. Where to eat- can't go wrong anywhere.

I love the mother's po-boy, it's on the same block as queen & crescent, normally a line outside but it moves fast. Also Deanie's seasfood in the quarter is pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:07 pm 
Atlantic City Phantoms

Urg, not a big fan of Seafood...though I really can't wait to try real Cajun.

Yah, it's for the game...If you see someone sporting an Ozzie Newsome jersey, that'd be me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:33 pm 
Tulsa Talons

[quotedf01931="RverDag"]Urg, not a big fan of Seafood...though I really can't wait to try real Cajun.

Yah, it's for the game...If you see someone sporting an Ozzie Newsome jersey, that'd be me[/quotedf01931]

For true Cajun you'd need to drive out to the Lafayette area (where I'm from about 2 hours west of NOLA)- NOLA is a lot more creole, still great food- just a little different.

Lets see- have to get beginets at Cafe du Monde
Port of Call - great burgers, if you go on game day- go very early.
Camellia Grill - Amazing breakfast
Mother's Po-Boy - Amazing, get the ferdi special (I like to go before a game, the line will be out the door, and around the corner, but it moves very fast)
Napoleon House - supposedly has great red beans and rice, don't think I've ever had it though

If you got some money to spend- Commander's Palace, Drago's, Emmeril's

Really you can't go wrong with finding a place to eat.

You should have a good time- Saints fans are typically good sports, the city lives on tourism so they like to be nice to all the people who come down and spend money.

At the game- you might have to walk a little but find the booth selling the jambalaya, it's one of the best around.

Post subject: Re: Anyone from Ariz
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:37 pm 
Tucson Toros

[quote5b8b67a="Doug5984"]I think I'm gonna make a road trip to Zona for the Saints game this year, if anyone is from around there I could use some travel advice- seeing the grand canyon has been a dream of mine for years, is it close enough that I could do all that in a long weekend?[/quote5b8b67a]

My recollection is that it's about a 4 hour drive from Phoenix to the South Rim part of the park. It would end up being a lot of driving, but it is definitely doable - especially if you've never been there.

CFL Champions - 2011, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2025