It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: 2058 Betting Preview - Week 12
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:22 pm 

Omaha is only favored by 3 at home vs Santa Cruz. This is a ridiculous line as this is going to be like the SCU/DEN debacle all over again. Get your bets in now boys before the Vegas boys realize their massive mistake.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 2058 Betting Preview - Week 12
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:04 pm 

Was busy last week, so nothing there... picking back up this week though!

Santa Cruz at Omaha (-3) - I can't remember the last time OMA was a short favorite at home against a team like SCU. The Privateers have been on a good run since getting shellacked by the Sodbusters a few weeks ago and I attribute that success to RB Fulton getting more and more of the carries. He really hasn't missed a step since being traded.

The offensive line for SCU has been excellent and should see success against an Arrowheads defense that struggles against the run and will more than likely stack the box. They weren't able to stop TEN that way and I don't think they'll stop Fulton either. OMA are still top dogs offensively and the Privateers must be aggressive on defense to hide their weak safeties. Sophomore CB Xavier Humphries will have his hands full with Marcus Dole, but if they double team him, CB Brocklebank should be OK on his lonesome.

Fulton put the Arrowheads to bed in 2056 in a game where WR Dole was held to mere mortal status-- only 6 catches for 94 yards-- and I think that will play in the minds of OMA this week. Even if the jersey is different, Fulton will feast on the ground and win in an upset, 30-27.

Shreveport (-2) at Seattle - The Spartans, missing several players due to illness, had a rough one last week. Some players might be well enough to play this week, but not everyone. I expect QB Blanchard to exploit the middle of the field as LB Grider is questionable to play and LB Prior will probably be careful with his elbow, if he even plays.

QB Emmons is having his best season yet, but rookie WR Wojdylo looked sluggish with the flu last week. If he's still not at full speed, WR Hartsock and TE Kerr will need to break through SHR's hot and cold secondary. Though SS Tate and CB Talley have been good, the depth is pretty bad and I hope they stay away from nickel and dime packages unless absolutely required.
The Pride keeps rolling on to the playoffs, 30-14.

Alaska (-7) at San Antonio - Last year's MVP is still incredibly productive through 11 weeks, but QB England has yet to get into a rhythm with his receivers. TE Stone is trying to fill the hole left from WR Dawson retiring and TE Bernard moving on to HON, but this offense looks bad if Lovallo doesn't have the ball. The defense is still missing DT Amir Hsu, but they've been OK against the run these last few weeks. The real challenge is stopping teams that throw the ball, as WR Warren and SHR showed last week, and the Kodiaks are unfortunately one of those teams.

Ol' Jimmy is having a heck of a season and with WRs Jennings, Farley, and Grauer forming the most deadly receiving trio in the league they look poised to repeat their postseason run. Staying healthy will be in the front office's mind. The defense has been underperforming somewhat given the collegiate reputation of their younger players and all too often this team gets into coinflip shootouts and that's where I think there's some value in this matchup.

A full 7 points is a lot to lay on the road with a porous defense and I like the Stingers to go blow for blow with the Kodiaks. Do I think they'll win? Probably not unless Lovallo goes ballistic, so take the points here and enjoy the fireworks show. 40-36 ALA.

Thanks for the post, Craig! I have faith.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:17 am 

Should have followed my lead Zenzog.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:19 am 

Faith was misplaced....

Offline Profile