It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Week 13 Betting Preview
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:00 am 

So we went 1-2 last week ATS (Baltimore won straight up but who could've predicted that??)... an improvement over the 0-3 week prior! This week's slate...

Boise City at Las Vegas (-7) - BOI is currently on the outside looking in, but they've managed to string several good weeks together. Two key defensive players in WLB Perry Owens and LDE Diego Forbes went down earlier in the season but an impressive win vs Alaska hints at a unit that is gelling much better. When clicking, the offense revolves around the passing attack to SE Fred Wagner and FL Doug Brown which opens up lanes on the ground for RB Justics Phillips, and he has been quietly efficient with the action. The defense has been rather stout on the ground, so expect Las Vegas to recognize this and utilize vertical routes for FL Mason Conley. I do believe LVS will win, but it should be a close one and the key players to watch on that side will be the DE duo of Malachi Johnstone and Chester Anagnostis and whether they can pressure BOI QB Wesley Doser.
24-20 LVS (Boise City to cover the +7)

Iowa City at Brooklyn (-6) - IWC is a team I have to pay attention to and they have succeeded where DET has failed (OMA, DUR). Consistent QB play from Timothy Joslyn has been key for them and WRs Louie Rhodes and Sedrick Van Dyke are more than happy to do their part. Unfortunately, BKN is a top flight defensive unit against passing attacks and sack magician DE Wade Springer is a huge part of that success with 11 sacks on the season. A very tidy secondary led by FS Giovanni Greer and CB Justics Luckman also limit the passes that do make it out. That being said, I think that QB Joslyn will be able to stay upright and deliver his passes and win outright in Brooklyn. 27-24 IWC (Upset of the day!)

Omaha at Shreveport (-1) - This one, I just have to have action on because we have two very good teams facing off in OMA and SHR. While OMA is #1 in just about every offensive passing metric, SHR is a top offensive team behind a more balanced attack. Historically, SHR has had the upper hand over the last few seasons (3-1-1 since 2050) but the QB position has been far more stable for OMA and I believe that will tip the scales in this matchup. OMA has never been more stacked and their latest win vs SHR might be a foreshadowing of how this rivalry will go, going forward. Limiting turnovers will also be of extreme importance as both teams can get a bit careless with the ball. DET didn't quite have the gas to go all 4 quarters with OMA, and I expect SHR will do better but 31-30 OMA in a tight game is my prediction.

Overall, 1-5 ATS since I've been writing these. Sorry in advance to teams that are getting the jinx this week!

Picks:
BOI +7
IWC +6
OMA +1

Last edited by zenzog on Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Week 13 Betting Preview
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:54 am 

Baltimore deserved it that's for sure, we played like doody

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:56 am 
Omaha Arrowheads

Quote:
Omaha at Shreveport (-1) - This one, I just have to have action on because we have two very good teams facing off in OMA and SHR. While OMA is #1 in just about every offensive passing metric, SHR is a top offensive team behind a more balanced attack. Historically, SHR has had the upper hand over the last few seasons (3-1-1 since 2050) but the QB position has been far more stable for OMA and I believe that will tip the scales in this matchup. OMA has never been more stacked and their latest win vs SHR might be a foreshadowing of how this rivalry will go, going forward. Limiting turnovers will also be of extreme importance as both teams can get a bit careless with the ball. DET didn't quite have the gas to go all 4 quarters with OMA, and I expect SHR will do better but 31-30 OMA in a tight game is my prediction.

This was almost exactly right, great write and prediction.

Atlantic Division Champions - 2007, 2008, 2010, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2028, 2035, 2037, 2039, 2044, 2046, 2047
Eastern Conference Champions - 2008, 2039, 2047
CFL Champions - 2008, 2039, 2047

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:52 am 

I'm back baby! 3-0 this week-- the books hate me!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:17 am 

Did you predict a win for Tuscon? :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:00 am 

Sverngold wrote:
Did you predict a win for Tuscon? :)

God no... we're getting to the point of the season where people are starting to think about the 1st overall pick in 2058... :wink:

Offline Profile