It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: 2058 Betting Preview - Week 6
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:02 am 

Alright, 7-4 up to this point in the season... we're still in the money but losing steam. This week, I'm really liking these road dogs:

El Paso at Santa Cruz (-1) - The Rockets have been a surprise for some this season. Defensively, ELP has been very stout-- top 10 in just about every metric. The problem was with the offense-- the inability to score and issues with turnovers frustrated the handful of Rockets fans around the country. The Rockets just traded for two offensive weapons in RB Artie Lillis and WR Neal Van Pelt. I don't know how integrated they'll be into the system, but I daresay it would be an immediate boost.

The Privateers were on a bit of a roll until week 5. Through the first three games, HOF RB Jeff Fulton brought hope and excitement back to the city of Santa Cruz. But then... the Dynomite blew it all up. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what happened, but the DEN defense stuffed the ground game and nobody wants to see QB Kelley forced to air it out. ELP has the tools to piggy back off of DEN's defensive gameplan. Hopefully the offense doesn't let them down.

ELP to win on the road, 24-17. I'm just glad to not see RB Lillis in my division anymore.

Cleveland at Hartford (-3) - Second overall pick QB Branden Barker is having a rough go at things through week 5. The team just doesn't have the weapons or protection on offense and it's clear they are going to rebuild organically over the next few seasons.

CLE on the other hand is smelling blood in the water. The Great Lakes division looks up for grabs and it's time for the Sentries to step on the gas. They have been integrating first pick RB Shane Mansour into the offense and he looked great in an impressive win against ACI last week. Unfortunately, TE Colin Lane has been underperforming lately and he is a key piece for the Sentries offense. The most dominant receiving TE in the game shouldn't be struggling like he is, but there's a feast laid out for him in Hartford.

Cleveland to win soundly on the road and get TE Lane back on track-- 30-20.

Boise City at Los Angeles (-5) - The Outlaws did great against the Rounders last week pulling out a huge win, but the injury reports following the game shed a gruesome light on LVS. The champs lost RT Rutledge and LB Gillespie that game and it adds to a list that's already 7 deep. Still, QB Bailey was keenly aware of the incredible LVS pass rush and the Outlaws presented a well balanced attack with efficiency on the ground and in the air.

BCI has its fair share of injuries, but coming off a loss to LVS before the bye week have to be chomping at the bit. Star CB Doug Cheli claimed he was the best corner in the league during the offseason and he has been walking the walk. Bailey's favorite target WR Leighton should not be on anyone's fantasy team this week and TE Mardling will have a tough matchup against LBs Foss and Reeves.

It's tough to find good matchups for the Outlaws here. I expect this game to revolve around the run game as that has not been a strength for the Stampede. For the Stampede-- while WR Brown hasn't looked good coming off his injuries, I see a bounce back game for QB Doser and the boys. CB Schwartz and WR Wagner have had surprisingly few meetings for being from the same draft class and in the same conference and the last one in 2055 saw Wagner pop off for 125 yards on 12 catches.

I like BCI to keep this one close and maybe even win on the road, 24-21.

Last edited by zenzog on Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 2058 Betting Preview - Week 6
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:27 pm 

thats a good pick, Z.... El Paso

go get'um Rocketman

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:00 pm 

These are great.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:55 pm 

landshark44 wrote:
thats a good pick, Z.... El Paso

go get'um Rocketman

We will not fall to the likes of you! Nay, we shall smite you and restore our honor!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:59 pm 
Las Vegas Rounders

Cheesehead Craig wrote:
Nay, we shall smite you and restore our honor!

So, do you use your left hand or right hand for that?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:12 am 

It's all coming crashing down on us boys

Offline Profile