It is currently Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: 2059 Betting Preview - Week 12
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:04 am 

1/3 ain't bad... (it is). ORE really let up towards the end of their game and BAL seemingly called the wrong defense.

Very interesting week:
SAO almost won with QB England only throwing for 57 yards?
HON upset the defending champs LVS by getting 2 takeaways?
IWC becoming (possibly) the first franchise to ever have TWO games end in ties in a single season?

Don't have as much time for the writeups this week with everything going on... plus I have to game plan for ANOTHER 1 loss team... FOF gods really pounding me with this schedule.

Seattle (-4) at Detroit - The Vampires aren't nearly good enough to be getting just 4 points. Frankly, they should probably be a +7. The conservative playcalling seems to be backfiring week after week and they've lost plenty of games from a lead. Last week's win at KCY was undercut by how helpless the Vampires looked in the second half as QB Grueneich engineered four 60+ yard drives. It could be poor conditioning but the secondary was getting picked apart towards the end of that game... and QB Emmons has to be rubbing his hands in anticipation.

I don't like taking visitors on cross country trips but SEA has the weapons and game plan to come in and take care of business. DET injuries also make this game harder-- LG Pascal and LT Such are both expected to miss the game and without their all-pro K Manns, points will be that much harder to come by. The Spartans march to 10 wins comfortably this week, 30-20.

Cleveland (-2) at Boise City - CLE's skid coincides with the coaching staff's' decision to keep QB Kelley as the starter despite rookie QB Minton's impressive play pre-injury. GM King Kosar has not revealed whether he intends to leave QB Minton on the bench but I suspect changes are coming down the pike. The Great Lakes division is well and truly up for grabs now.

The Ring of Ice and the Western Conference wildcard spots are up for grabs too but for the opposite reason. BCI is one of 4 teams in the conference with 6 wins and has been hot over the last few weeks. QB Doser looked comfortable under center and found WRs Wagner and Brown with ease. Two games with QB Hartl haven't slowed down this train and we can expect Doser back after the Bye.

LB Wilson is questionable this week but expected to suit up after playing just fine last week. Otherwise, both teams are fairly healthy and we can expect an excellent offense vs defense matchup. The game could well go either way but I have to take the points with a team that is actually playing well-- BCI wins this one at home and extends CLE's woes 27-24.

Tennessee at Las Vegas (-2) - The champs bled last week. G Starks, WR McSwain, and CB Strylczyk all getting banged up might have something to do with it but the two turnovers and an ineffective pass rush were the headlines. A plucky HON defense did their homework and was able to disrupt the usually clean and methodical LVS offense.

TEN should be able to do everything HON did at a higher level. The Militia was rolling up until their Bye and now they're all healthy. We can expect QB Porto to pick up significant yardage with his legs against a defense that struggles against the run and usually TEN is in a winning position when that happens.

I'm not sure what is going on in the Rounders camp but the locals don't seem worried. My thinking is that they're still confident in reaching the playoffs and their main concern is staying healthy. WR McSwain is marked OUT on this week's injury report but everyone else looks good to go. I like LVS to bounce back at home after splitting road games, 34-27.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 2059 Betting Preview - Week 12
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:02 am 

A Cleveland loss and the division is open for all....

Joined in 2057

Offline Profile