It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:54 am 

1/3 last week brings us to 3/6 on the season though BAL probably should've won... DVY's Donaldson really is unmatched in the league but this Buckley character might have to go. How can you waste prime Donaldson like this?

Week 4 has some crummy matchups for football fans but some interesting lines for degenerate gamblers.

Tucson (-3) at Oregon - We don't talk about TUC much here but since they're favorites this week I guess I gotta....

A surprising trade last week resulted in the top QB prospect of 2061 heading to San Antonio and with that goes the last reason any TUC fan has to tune in. I was curious to see how the rookie would play and now I have to buy CFL Sunday Ticket to get any Stingers games. Anyway...

The Toros started the season with some real close games against CLE and LVS-- QB Graham played pretty well and seemed to have enough time to find his receivers. Rookie WR McDonald tops the target share as opponents focus on shutting down WRs Yaffin and Nikolaus, but I don't see anything out of the young man that would put him above those two in the long run. That being said, their showing against MIA looks like regression to the mean and there's no way they should be favored against any team in the CFL.

ORE's latest loss to an unimpressive SCU has fans calling for GM mac88's head but I think this is a good bounceback spot. QB Hitchcock sat last week with a sprained knee and looks likely to return this week. WR Spradling looked visibly frustrated with rookie QB Gaines and whatever's limiting his performance will need fixing, but OC Givens has the pieces to make it work.

The Bandits getting points against TUC is a no brainer for me. The biggest mismatch to follow will be TE Weikel-- the Toros have given up 25 catches and 228 yards to opposing tight ends. If they follow MIA's formula this will be a blowout. ORE wins bigly: 30-10.

Texas (-1) at Denver - The Dynomite were probably expecting QB Woodard to come in and take them to the next level, but since trading for the CFL's 2056 MVP they've been one of the worst offenses in the league. A goose egg at home against SEA is completely unacceptable and it's hard not to point fingers at the 33 year old. It looks like he isn't quite comfortable with his receivers other than WR Sprinkle, and until they gel RB Eagleton should carry the load.

At least their opponents, the Inferno, aren't doing much better. Any optimism they had after a win at Atlanta were summarily dashed by SHR and HON. QB Womble was simply unplayable when defenses were able to funnel the ball to WR Sheldon. RBs Boddy and Parker were the lone bright spots in these two games and hopefully GM BazookaJohnny recognizes that and adjusts going foward. I think TEX can dominate time of possession and hide their abysmal secondary and win games against stronger teams but I guess I have to see it happen first.

These are two teams that could and should be doing a lot better. With some adjustments, both see trips to the postseason. But here and now with money on the line, I think DEN is the team to back. RB Eagleton rights the ship this week: 24-20.

Honolulu (-3) at Alaska - Just place your bets on the other two games and flip over to this one-- a revitalized QB England and Sharks team is putting on a clinic through three weeks with the 10-year vet posting career high numbers.

While we saw a bit of the potential in the preseason, it's safe to say that QB England's play has exceeded expectations. Some of that can be attributed to opponents looking to contain RB Gaiter and the run game, but TE Philips has emerged as a reliable outlet as WRs Keith and McCreadie stretch the field. Everyone expected him to be able to make the same kind of plays as QB Fryday downfield but his mobility surprised me. It looks like the Sharks are well equipped to make another go after last season's tragic accident cut the dream short.

The Kodiaks will surely be disappointed with their performance at Fargo last week-- they squandered their defense's 4 interception performance with historically bad play on offense. RB Fiste had nowhere to go and the Sodbusters forced QB Marischen to look away from his star receivers with excellent coverage schemes. We all know how good he is but he has definitely looked mortal these last few seasons.

As with the other games on the docket, I like the home team catching the points. ALA is a perennial contender and QB Marischen can often magick wins out of thin air. Their defense appears to be much improved and should be able to force QB England to make difficult decisions. It could be close, but give me the Kodiaks this week in what is likely to be a high scoring affair: 34-30.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:32 am 

Well, maybe you get the push with this one as we ended in a tie. Both offenses were limited but again our ground game was the only saving grace for us. I would love Womble to step up and play up to his ratings a bit more but it seems that may be uncommon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:40 am 

Quote:
Well, maybe you get the push with this one as we ended in a tie. Both offenses were limited but again our ground game was the only saving grace for us. I would love Womble to step up and play up to his ratings a bit more but it seems that may be uncommon.
Texas (-1) at Denver
Denver was getting a point so zen gets the win....vs the spread

Honolulu (-3) at Alaska
same with my game since we won by one but were giving 3 points
if we had made that 2 pt try at the end of the game it would have been a push

If you add in the Oregon pick .... zen went 3-0 vs the spread this week