It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:59 am 

Hartford and Baltimore took care of us last week and bring us to 7/12. Not sure what's going on with Durham though... it looked like they had this one well in hand but a wild sequence of plays let the Militia back in. Any given Sunday, I suppose....

On to week 7:

Death Valley at El Paso (-8) - Trusting the Process has El Paso at the top of the table here in 2061. They're beating the bricks of opponents, winning by an average of 12 points per game. In the hands of several capable front offices, RB Barker was just about labeled a bust but it looks like RB Barker was that final piece to the ELP puzzle. Barker's average ypc is up a full yard and he's also breaking off long runs at an impressive clip-- the only one with more 10+ runs is RB Donaldson. As long as everyone stays healthy this is a group to watch.

The Copperheads haven't been as successful as ELP but RB Donaldson still does the Lord's work for the desert wanderers. I've criticized QB Buckley's play over the years and it doesn't seem to have improved... The last time I tried to figure it out, the only thing I could see was that he must be telegraphing his passes somehow and the talented DBs of the league have figured it out. Defensively they continue to be a mixed bag but the addition of SS Kevorkian over the offseason has made them a much harder team to run against. This is a team that has not gotten better in 2061, but at least they haven't gotten worse.

The 8 point spread should be within reach for a DVY squad that has the talent to match ELP as long as they're careful with the ball. I don't think they'll win, but it should be an even contest through four quarters: ELP wins this one 30-24.

Hartford at Detroit (-1) - The 1-5 Vampires have let a couple games slip through their fingers-- turnovers and miscues killed the young squad's chances against BOS (1), TEN (2), and ACI (2). Injuries to their star linebackers (Carr, Stephens) have had markedly bigger impacts than many would've predicted as the Phantoms were able to put last week's game out of reach in second quarter. QB DiCosomo deserves much of the blame as a young starter, but there's a lack of focus and energy going through that locker room. New OC Sanders' transition from college to the pros is certainly not going as he'd hoped.

The Attack conservatively played out QB Barker's injury and held him out one more week. Fortunately CLE was also trotting out their backup and they managed to come away with the win at home. RB Feagles was the difference maker here, able to break off a handful of long runs against a stout Sentries defense. QB Barker's return should revitalize this team, but 5 weeks off could be a lot of rust.

While it's surprising to some that the 1-5 team is favored, the poor defensive metrics from the Attack should give this pedestrian DET offense some confidence. RBs Spezzano and Borders have the size and strength to wear down the HAR linebackers and I think they'll grind out this dub: DET wins 21-17.

Atlanta (-4) at Santa Cruz - TBD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:54 pm 

go get'um, Rocketman...

Death Valley knocked us out of the playoffs last year.. I'm still salty about that..

El Paso Rockets (2057-2062)
NC East 2061
53-44-1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:08 am 

:(

Didn't get around to writing about ATL and SCU because I got busy... sorry guys! Next time.

Also Detroit sucks.