It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:37 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:48 pm 

1/3 last week brings our record to 9/16... TEX really should've come through for us and I have no idea how HON could've lost... but hey, we're still >50% and breaking even. This week's got some great teams that are a little undervalued at the moment so hopefully these dogs will come through.

Shreveport (-4) at Durham - QB Ortiz and the Bulldogs have bounced back from their two unfortunate losses in a big way-- a clean win on the road at NOS and a big win against division rivals OMA. QB Harrison and the Arrowheads almost brought it back in a wild sequence of events, but DUR put them away with a confident drive to get into field goal range. Few offenses are as explosive as OMA so it remains to be seen whether or not DUR's defense is exploitable or not. It's business as usual for the Bulldogs and the only thing I've been keeping tabs on is the backfield situation. Rookie RB Roy Ellingsen hasn't been as reliable as RB Arnold, and often gets pulled in 3rd down situations, but comfort should grow with time and exposure.

Shreveport's GM Raven Hawk is doing it again... the team sits at 6-1 and looks positioned to take the division en route to another playoff berth. RB Russell continues to shoulder the heavy load but QB Scott is equally productive and spreads the ball well. Strangely, WR Warren has not been seeing many targets though he is on the field almost as often as the other guys. Maybe they just don't need his production yet and it looks like this team might have an extra gear if they need it.

This is a game with two great GMs and coaches and both have a good shot at coming away with it. However, from a betting perspective it really seems like the Bulldogs are undervalued. Give me the points and a little moneyline sprinkle on DUR: 28-24 for the home team.

Honolulu (-2) at Boise City - QB Doser and the Stampede started the season slowbut are finding their footing of late. Strong defensive play got them through weeks 6 and 7 and their offense finally woke up against a struggling TUC team.

With 4 new offensive linemen, I'm surprised they're doing this well. QB Doser taking fewer hits and throwing fewer INTs so far-- but it comes at a cost. RB Lovallo and RB Arnold are vets that should be getting the job done but through 8 weeks their 3.6 YPC is much worse than 2060's 4.44. They're doing what they can behind this new line but I can see that miscues and missed blocks are making this offense a bit one dimensional.

HON will be another tough test for the Stampede. Despite choking in the fourth quarter against LOS, the Sharks executed reasonably well and were the better team for 45 minutes and QB Bailey just caught fire right at the end. Sometimes there isn't anything you can do...

There are a lot of teams where the weak BOI OLine would kill the team's chances from the jump, but the Sharks aren't one of them. They are in the bottom third at generating pressure and allow an ugly 4.69 ypc to opposing rushers. If this game turns into a shootout, I don't mind taking the +2 with the home team: BOI wins this one 35-33.

Hartford at Kansas City (-6) - UDFA QB Bennett has done well to bag 3 wins for the Attack, but this week should see the return of QB Barker. In fact, I don't even know why he hadn't been playing. I'm pretty sure Barker is better!

The Storm are playing catchup after starting 1-4, but two wins off the back of WR Elder's play go a long way. Much like in 2060, this offense is based on the downfield pass. The front office really doubled down on the idea and hoped that adding another speedster in rookie WR Padron would've kicked everything up a notch. His numbers aren't great, but another credible threat slowly opens opportunities for everyone else.

HAR's defense isn't perfect, or even amazing, but they do have excellent linebackers and serviceable DBs. I think they do actually have the personnel up front and on the back end to keep QB Grueneich from delivering strikes. I've noticed that he's been holding onto the ball a tick or two longer than usual and against LBs Bartrum and DE Collins, it could be a tick too long. I'll assume QB Barker is starting for the Attack: 28-24 for the visitors.

Last edited by zenzog on Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:34 pm 
Durham Bulldogs

I'm not too optimistic about our game against Shreveport.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:20 am 

Great fun to read.
Thanks.

Juan had one of his best games of the season.

Joined in 2057