It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:41 pm 

14/28 on the season... so we lost a little bit overall. Unlucky really... hopefully the playoffs will be better. I like the matches we have buuuut I'm not sure how much value these lines can provide. Still, here are two in particular that could be good:

Tennessee at Kansas City (-4) - The streaky Militia were fortunate to have an exceptionally easy end to their season: NOS, SCU, and SAO were the final opponents. QB Porto and the gang punched their tickets to the playoffs but these games were anything but straightforward. NOS and SCU were both leading in the fourth quarters until they folded. TEN has been a difficult team to handicap-- their inconsistency largely stems from the patchwork offensive line that struggles to contain pass rushers. WR Picton's production has also dropped since returning from last year's knee injury. QB Porto is being asked to perform with quite a bit less talent surrounding him but I guess it was enough to get here.

KCY topped the Great Lakes division at 9-7 but it came down to the wire for QB Grueneich and the Storm. Not only did they need to win against IWC but they also needed the Vampires to win against CLE in a meaningless week 17 bout. This team plays to their opponents' level but the matchup really hasn't favored them in recent history and projects to be even worse. The Storms' high-volume passing attack falls right into the Militia's wheelhouse-- SS Barlow, CB Bethea, and CB Tapscott can each hold their own against the league's top receivers. Together, the unit can hold teams of OMA's caliber to under 200 yards in the air.

If KCY was fully healthy, I could see them winning but I simply can't lay the points without CB Irwin and WR Elder. TEN advances tomorrow: 34-28.

Las Vegas at Alaska (-1) - For most of the season, including during the Kodiaks-Rounders game in Week 7, the Las Vegas pass rush was a big plus. The Rounders make opposing QBs earn it. They roll into the playoffs about as healthy as they can be and the matchup on Sunday is a familiar one for DEs Anagnostis and Omar. Comfortable, too! LVS hasn't lost to ALA since 2052, regular season or playoffs. The Rounders simply will win if they pressure QB Jimmy Marischen into mistakes.

Marischen couldn't repeat his historic 1 INT season-- a heavy lean on WR Farley has led to an uptick in turnovers as opponents cheat an extra man over. But he has the luxury of a young running back duo and the ever solid C Lefebvre who will be doing all he can to put OTs Cole and Rivers in position to contain the LVS pass rushers. The Kodiaks will also look to exploit a relatively weak Rounders OLine: DEs McConnell and Thompson combine for a respectable 23 sacks on the season.

I'd love to see QB Marischen finally pull one out and possibly get on track for a third ring but I just don't see it happening. LVS cracked the code for this opponent and is living rent-free in their heads. 30-20 for the reigning champs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:01 am 

Close, but no cigar :-)

Joined in 2057