It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:17 am 

The Inferno are in re-build mode still, hoping to build upon the foundation of QB Marsh. In this class they hoped to land him some offensive line help and potentially another receiving target. However, being that they are in a re-build, all options were on the table so BPA ruled the day.

1.7 OLB Daryl Zulkowski, Colorado -42/74 43/65
It came down to WR Dillon, TE Campana or Zulkowski with this pick. Word has it that the war room was divided but all could agree that Zulkowski was the most sure pick of the group. He looks like a pro-ready backer with no real weaknesses. He should step into the line-up day one and make an impact.

1.29 OT Bryan Matthews, Michigan State -27/62 31/54
While OT wasn't a huge need for the Inferno, Matthews looks like he could be a solid pass protector. Having depth at the position never hurts and Texas should have the luxury of letting Matthews develop a little before moving him into the starting line-up. Also, it's possible that one of the younger vets could move inside to guard.

2.6 C Samuel Donovan, UAB -29/59 32/52
While not an elite center, Donovan is very good in pass protection and solid as a run blocker. He will pair nicely with Matthews in that regard.

3.5 OLB Jerry Toll, Cal -29/50 30/39
A solid all arond linebacker, Toll should be able to contribute as a depth guy for now and as a decent starter in the future. Nothing jumps out besides his decent coverage skills.

4.7 P Edwin Klaff, Michigan -35/86 42/42
The rare punter that gets drafted, Klaff seems to fit the profile. He has the potential to be one of, if not the, top punter in the CFL. Those are the rare ones that are worth actually drafting.

6.5 RB Dexter "Pinball" Mincey, Iowa -30/37 31/33
The human pinball didn't participate in the combine and his game tape was questionable at best. However, he had a reputation for his quickness that earned him the nickname. Unfortunately, that game tape showed a back who is hesitant at finding the hole and doesn't hit it with authority.

Last edited by BazookaJohnny on Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:22 pm 

Good stuff man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:28 am 

Quote:
Good stuff man
Thanks. Chose some different pictures so the post could be more readable. Finished adding the rest of our class. I do this as much for myself so I can track their progress.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:36 pm 

Zulkowski was one of my main targets, was hoping he fell to #12. You got yourself a stud player there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:16 pm 

Quote:
Zulkowski was one of my main targets, was hoping he fell to #12. You got yourself a stud player there.
Thanks man. I hope he gives us our defense a little boost and makes things easier for our offense.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:42 am 

All around a pretty poor draft showing. Zulkowski will start but he may never be the All-Pro type LB we had hoped we were getting near the top of round 1. Matthews and Donovan will likely go on to be solid starters but I would have liked to see one of them excel. The 4th round punter, Klaff, is an unmitigated bust. While he is serviceable for now, I had hoped he would be top 5 in the league. Instead he is bottom 5.