It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ring of Ice 2017 Dra
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:26 pm 

[b06de684]Boise Stampede 2016 (11-5):[/b06de684]

The Stampede only had 5 picks this year, and only 1 of those was in the first 3 rounds. [player]Austin Wasserman[/player] was that pick in the late part of the second round. Austin is fast enough to catch up to the ball carrier on running plays, but he will not be much help elsewhere. Play action will eat him up. [player]Herman Huntley[/player] is an outside linebacker whose specialty is defending the run. Do not see a full time player in this draft by Boise, but they did not have many picks to work with.

[u06de684]Grade: C- ~ Did not have much, but could have done better with the picks they did have.[/u06de684]

[b06de684]Seattle Thunderbirds 2016 (8-8 ):[/b06de684]

[player]Gerald Tyler[/player] was not the correct tackle for Seattle to pick up 16th overall. Second round pick LB Cotton will only see the field as a blitzing linebacker and may not be that good at that. [player]Ricky Plumier[/player] has the physical skills to play corner in this league, but i am not sure he will ever be more then a nickel back. But, he should be a good one and not bad for a 3rd rounder. I was not sold on [player]Amos Morrison[/player], but he appears to be a decent player and real good value in the 4th round.

[u06de684]Grade: C ~ I really don't care for Tyler.[/u06de684]

[b06de684]Anchorage Wolfpack 2016 (6-10):[/b06de684]

Another team with only one pick in the first 3 rounds, but they made the most of the picks they had. [player]Darrell Chancey[/player] was a steal in the 4th round. [player]Rufus Gallegos[/player] will be a good player as long as they keep him out of bump and run coverage. [player]Ike Dixon[/player] should be an excellent back up running back that can take the ball 10 times a game and again great value in the 4th.

[u06de684]Grade: A ~ Did excellent with what they had.[/u06de684]

[b06de684]Oregon Ice 2016 (6-10):[/b06de684]

Wow, they had 5 picks out of the first 75 and when you get those chance you have to make it count and Oregon did. [player]Tyrell Harding[/player] was worthy of the 10th overall pick and will stay at safety for the Ice. He is an excellent all around safety. I still think [player]Ted Kingsbury[/player] will have the best career of any running back in this draft. [player]Toby Dehaven[/player] will be a nice anchor in the middle of that 3-4 but will need to rest often. [player]Wes McDaniel[/player] will not just be a solid return man, but will also be a pretty good corner. Wide out [player]Kendall Martin[/player] should be a good 3rd or 2nd receiver for the Ice. [player]Brady Jenkins[/player] will be a great backup tackle and could grow into a decent starter, great value in the 5th round.

[u06de684]Grade: A+ ~ A bunch of picks, and made solid choices with all of them.[/u06de684]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:34 pm 
Baltimore Barbarians

I just want to thank Mr. McShay again for taking the time to do this. All this work is much appreciated.

Oregon did have a great draft, maybe the best. Kingsbury will have some endurance issues, though.

I wasn't especially pleased with our class, but I do think Wasserman will be a player. We're moving to a 3-4 so his run-stuffing and pass rushing abilities will get a chance to shine. The safety, Burnett, had a great camp and may turn into a starter down the road.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]