It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Great Lakes 2017 Dra
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:30 pm 

[be53abb8]Cleveland Flats 2016 (10-6):[/be53abb8]

The Flats only had 3 picks in this draft, two 2nd rounders and a 3rd. QB Jeffries has his problems with throwing picks and will disappoint if given the chance to. [player]Ernie Maloney[/player] was a pleasant surprise in camp, but scouts tell me Ernie lives and dies by his offensive line. I know the line is important for every running back, but they tell me that he cannot pick up yards on his on, he must follow blockers to gain yards. [player]Colin Coffey[/player] is a good value in the 3rd round and could become the starting right guard before the end of the season.

[ue53abb8]Grade: C ~ I don't care for Jeffries and Maloney will struggle until the line in front of him improves.[/ue53abb8]

[be53abb8]Detroit Vampires 2016 (9-7):[/be53abb8]

[player]Sammy Goolsby[/player] is a right tackle forced to play left tackle. [player]Frankie Redmond[/player] should be a good 3rd DE and might end up starting if he improves just a bit. The rest of the picks were blah.

[ue53abb8]Grade: C- ~ Should have done better.[/ue53abb8]

[be53abb8]Chicago Hitmen 2016 (6-10):[/be53abb8]

[player]Cornell Jarvis[/player] is a capable wide out. [player]Calvin Cooley[/player] might be good in the middle if he gets signed. [player]Benjamin Coffey[/player] is a decent cover corner but has great hands.

[ue53abb8]Grade: B- ~ I think they could have done better by switching the first two picks around, but it the got capable guys.[/ue53abb8]

[be53abb8]Albany Crows 2016 (5-11):[/be53abb8]

They had three first rounders and honestly should have done better. [player]Kent Garrison[/player] will be solid once he learns under [player]Norm Fisk[/player] for a few years. [player]Nate Sprehe[/player] should become a better then average left tackle in this league. [player]Andy Poston[/player] had a really good combine, but does not appear to be a first round talent. [player]Lester Rasmussen[/player] should be a fair defensive tackle. [player]Kelly Walsh[/player] was a nice receiver in the 3rd round, but the Crows just went south after that pick. It appears they went after guys who impressed at the combine, but so far that does not look like it will translate into talent on the field.

[ue53abb8]Grade: C ~ They had plenty of picks, and went hit and miss.[/ue53abb8]

Post subject: Re: Great Lakes 2017
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:18 pm 
Kansas City Crows

[quote21616b1="T McShay"]
[b21616b1]Albany Crows 2016 (5-11):[/b21616b1]

They had three first rounders and honestly should have done better. [player]Kent Garrison[/player] will be solid once he learns under [player]Norm Fisk[/player] for a few years. [player]Nate Sprehe[/player] should become a better then average left tackle in this league. [player]Andy Poston[/player] had a really good combine, but does not appear to be a first round talent. [player]Lester Rasmussen[/player] should be a fair defensive tackle. [player]Kelly Walsh[/player] was a nice receiver in the 3rd round, but the Crows just went south after that pick. It appears they went after guys who impressed at the combine, but so far that does not look like it will translate into talent on the field.

[u21616b1]Grade: C ~ They had plenty of picks, and went hit and miss.[/u21616b1][/quote21616b1]

I did go for guys who I liked their combines, and I think they will pan out.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]