It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Calvary 2017 Draft G
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:07 pm 

[ba4d2067]Denver Dynomite 2016 (10-6):[/ba4d2067]

[player]Jim McCormick[/player] has to be considered a pleasant surprise for Denver and should be a decent LB for them and good in the Nickel package. [player]Brady Kaplan[/player] will hold down the fort at FB for years to come and will excel at it. It has become a position that is not used much, but to have one guy in there year after year, will be a benefit to both running backs and quarterbacks for the Dynomite. [player]Stephen Murray[/player] should do very well as a number 2 wide out, if asked to be the star, he will not perform against double teams.

[ua4d2067]Grade: B+ ~ A solid draft.[/ua4d2067]

[ba4d2067]El Paso Rockets 2016 (9-7):[/ba4d2067]

Great pick at 21st overall for the Rockets, [player]Vincent Sawyer[/player] not only fills a big need, but was arguably the most talented player still on the board at that pick. Wait a minute, they passed on Sawyer and went with J.R. Rambo. [player]Broderick Brandon[/player] and [player]Shawn Curtis[/player] will not likely lose their starting jobs to Rambo. So, looking back, El Paso is kicking themselves for taking a nickel back and passing over a starting defensive end. [player]Nicky Hernandez[/player] was a waste of a 2nd rounder. However, [player]Matt Burks[/player] was a good value in the 4th round; a nice safety but does not offer much help against the run.

[ua4d2067]Grade: D ~ Not good for them, but it did not steal headlines from the return of [player]Ernest Lorenzo[/player]. It is all about those jersey sales.[/ua4d2067]

[ba4d2067]Tulsa Talons 2016 (7-9):[/ba4d2067]

Eight picks, one 1st rounder, the next one was a 5th rounder. [player]Anthony King[/player] will start from day one and help solidify the right side of the line with [player]Mickey Middleton[/player] while the left side still needs a little work. Tulsa has to be happy with a few of the late rounders that have proven not to be practice squad players.

[ua4d2067]Grade: B ~ Would like to have had more of an impact draft, but did very well at the slots they had to pick from.[/ua4d2067]

[ba4d2067]Fargo Boxcars 2016 (5-11):[/ba4d2067]

They had [player]Brian Kellett[/player] fall into their laps at 4th overall. Scouts I talked to had Brian as the best or second best player in this draft, and while you expect the 4th pick to be a really good player, you can say they were happy he was still there. I must say that I am shocked to hear from scouts around the league that [player]Aaron Small[/player] looked like the real deal in training camp. Aaron did not seem to me to be able to man the center position in the CFL. So far, he looks like he can, and the Boxcars hope that he will. We can just pretend the other 3 picks they had didn't happen.

[ua4d2067]Grade: B- ~ I am still not sold on Aaron Small, as will all drafts, we will not know how well they really did until a few seasons from now.[/ua4d2067]

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]