It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Cavalry Division 201
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:28 pm 

[b57798d5]Denver Dynomite 2017: 11-5[/b57798d5]

Denver had all 7 of their own picks this year, and no extra ones. DT [player]Kerry Floyd[/player] will be an instant starter and upgrade at nose tackle for the Dynomite. Second round pick QB [player]Archie Paullin[/player] has some fans excited about a guy to take over after [player]Marcus Garibaldi[/player] retires. Archie is not that QB, he cannot avoid the interception that just frustrates the whole team. [player]Shawn Shepherd[/player] was moved to corner where he is better suited as a safety. I really think he could have been a good safety as he will get better against the run as his career goes on. But, [player]Wendell Horn[/player] should be a good punter! [player]Hardy Webster[/player] should never see the field, but may be asked to start.

[b57798d5]Grade: D+ ~ Not good, one good player a little higher then he should have went, but was desperately needed. You can throw away the rest of this draft, save the punter since Shawn was moved to corner.[/b57798d5]

[b57798d5]Tulsa Talons 2017: 10-6[/b57798d5]

Tulsa had no first rounder, but had two 2nds, and two 3rds. DE [player]Josh Lincoln[/player] is great against the run, but he is not a pass rusher and will probably split time at RDE. LB [player]Claude Gonsalves[/player] had a great career at UCLA and I think he fits well inside in Tulsa's 3-4. Claude should get some starts this year, as I think with the coaching he will get at this level, he can become much better against the run the he showed in camp. RB [player]Bill Soga[/player] should be a nice surprise for the Talons. He will start out as a nice change of pace back, but could develop into the starter they are looking for now that Muddy Waters Raffo's injuries appear to have caught up with him.

[b57798d5]Grade: B+ ~ I could have went with an incomplete, but I felt the Talons did better then expected with the picks they had.[/b57798d5]

[b57798d5]Fargo Frontier 2017: 9-7[/b57798d5]

Fargo had 5 picks, as they traded away their 4th and 5th rounders. [player]Spencer Gaines[/player] will be a solid safety and will start day one, and hopefully for a long time in Fargo. Linebackers [player]Ty Bidwill[/player] and [player]Johnny Zvereva[/player] will be asked to come in and start for Fargo. Ty and Johnny honestly seem like more of a fit for middle linebacker instead of an outside one. Fargo hopes they can make the transition, but neither seem to have that first step that good outside linebackers need to get that running back.

[b57798d5]Grade: B ~ Spencer will be a really good player. Ty and Johnny will have to prove they can handle it outside, but they were quality inside linebackers at the spots they were taken.[/b57798d5]

[b57798d5]El Paso Rockets 2017: 7-9[/b57798d5]

El Paso had all 7 of their own picks this draft with no extra picks. El Paso really likes G [player]Ernie Hayes[/player], but I am still not sold on him being the beast they say he is going to be, but any help on the O line is good news for the Rockets. [player]Jessie Jackson[/player] should start for them somewhere on the defensive line as they only have 2 of the 4 spots nailed down. RB [player]Kennedy Davidson[/player] should be a decent change of pace back, but should never be asked to be the man in the backfield. Fifth rounder [player]Kenneth Joiner[/player] will be asked to start, but will disappoint, and I think they should go with free agent pick up [player]Chuck Newman[/player] instead.

[b57798d5]Grade: B ~ Again, if Ernie is who they think he is, then you can move this into the A's, but I don't.[/b57798d5]

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]