It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: TurfToe Comments on
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:10 pm 
Las Vegas Rounders

After one of the more exciting games of the season, KLAS' exchange reporter from India, Dishrahn Awei-Witherspoon, caught up with Rounders' GM, TurfToe.

Here's a replay of the interview that ran on local affiliate, KLAS-Channel 8. Dishrahn Awei-Witherspoon moderating:

Dishrahn: That was another exciting game, heh TurfToe?

TT: I guess that depends on your definition of exciting. I would have been much more excitied if we played like Honolulu did. Honolulu and Tucson are the teams we have to compete with to win this division. I'm glad our fans got their money's worth last night and I hope we can keep them entertained the rest of the way. Now I have to see my cardiologist so I can get my money's worth.

Dishrahn: How did you rate Lenny Olsen's play last night?

TT: I thought 'JackPot' had some trouble early in the game and just didn't find his groove. However, he was money in the clutch, as usual.

Dishrahn: You say he couldn't find his groove, but you converted quite a few third downs. Why is that?

TT: Well, if we get an inch past the marker, it counts as a first down just like it does on all of the other downs.

Dishrahn: I mean, what do you attribute the conversion success to?

TT: I think we have a firm grasp of what we want to do and we execute the plays called. I think Coach Cowley was trying to make a statement with the ground game which put us in a lot of 3rd-and-long situations.

Dishrahn: You mean 'Vegas-and-long'?

TT: Yeah, I guess that's what that joker had on his sign. Why do you guys air that crap anyway? Vegas-and-long, 3rd-and-long, or so-damn-far-that-the-cow-jumped-over-the-moon and long, we converted because we executed. Ask Santa cruz why we were able to convert so many. They were the reason we didn't have success on first and second downs, so I don't know why we were able to convert on third down. It was all Lenny last night.

Dishrahn: Where was the defense?

TT: On the winning side of the scoreboard.

Dishrahn: No comments on their performance?

TT: I'll let Coach Cowley and his conditioning coach answer that one. Make sure the camera guys are wearing plastic if they want to get close -ups in practice this week.

Dishrahn: What, no time off for the guys after the thrilling win?

TT: Last I checked, Coach Cowley had the same version of the schedule that I have and it says we have a game next week. I'd hate to spoil a thriller with a rotten egg next week.

Dishrahn: So Savoy is out of the front office's dog house this week?

TT: He was never in the dog house. He was reminded that he is a professional and he was given the opportunity to demonstrate it last night. He'll be a football player before you know it.

Dishrahn: The play calling was a lot more conservative. Why is that?

TT: Everyone knows a jackpot needs three key symbols to be aligned in order to cash in, right? The Rounders three key symbols are Olsen, Feeney, and McDonald. We tried to force a lot with Feeney missing and it didn't seem to be working. Now that Feeney is back, we're missing McDonald. we thought it was best to play it closer to the vest even though the ground game isn't on par with the rest of the league. We let some of the younger guys get a shot at making some plays and Lenny proved why the guys call him 'JackPot'. The coaches and I tease him by calling him 'CrackPot' but it just doesn't phase him. Besides, there's not another QB in the league I'd want on my team when the game is on the line in the last two minutes. Period. And I'm not poking fun at that thing on your head...

Dishrahn: You're an ass, did you know that?

TT: Yes, any other easy questions?

Dishrahn: Back to the studio...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:24 pm 
Legendary Former Owner

LMAO! :lol: