It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:10 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Week 5 - Klemu's Gam
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:10 pm 

First off, an apology from Yours Truly. As it turns out, I was called up to play a couple of games for the AHL's Hershey Bears, thus leaving my post inoccupado. Even though I scored no goals, I did rack up over 8 minutes of penalty time in two games. Also, you read the title correctly, there is only one Game of the Week this week. All the other games barely escaped my Gaim uv teh Sux column.

[b4eee311]Boston (3-0-1) at Durham (3-1)[/b4eee311]
Why should I watch this game? Philip Barbieri is coming off of a strong win over Shreveport and earlier this season, they tied El Paso. Boston has what it takes to win in this league, but so do their opponents, the Durham Bulldogs. The Bulldogs have played strong in their matches this season and their only loss comes at the hands of the mighty Detroit Vampires team.

What should I expect? Look for both of these teams to have a bit of trouble running the ball. Although Durham sometimes struggles to run the ball, Baltimore's rushing attack isn't such that they need to worry to much. Expect Durham's Edwin Kimber to throw the long ball effectively. Durham averages 9.18 yards per attempt. If Baltimore wants to beat Durham at home, they'll need to focus on stopping the air attack. To do that they will need to continue taking the ball away. Their +3 turnover ratio is excellent at this point in the season. Baltimore's defense has been great thus far.

Klemu's Kall: Vegas has Baltimore by 4 points. Klemu wants to call the upset here . . . and he will! Durham by 1! With Baltimore's dinged up secondary, Kimber throws a last minute TD to win the game!

[b4eee311]Gaim uv teh Sux
Boston (1-3) at Chicago (0-4)[/b4eee311]
Why should I watch this game? To see the magnificent skyline of Chicago acting as a backdrop to this farce of a game.

What should I expect? FOX will send out it's C-Team to cover this game. In fact, they don't even bother to use football commentators. John Salley and Tom Arnold will be making the call on TV.

Klemu's Kall: The Worst Damn Sports Show Period.

[b4eee311]Gaim uv teh Six
Shreveport(2-2) at Charleston(2-2)[/b4eee311]
Why should I watch this game? To see if a full outbreak of lepracy occurs between the gonorrheic Pride and flu-ridden Monitors. Perhaps a "hand-off at the 20 yard line" will take on new meaning after this game.

What should I expect? Everybody gets to play today! Bring in the practice squad!

Klemu's Kall: Stick some uranium up your ass and make yourself a dirty bomb.

Post subject: Re: Week 5 - Klemu's
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:29 pm 
Legendary Former Owner

[quote3dd6880="Klemu Hakkinen"]
[b3dd6880][u3dd6880]Baltimore[/u3dd6880] (3-0-1) at Durham (3-1)[/b3dd6880]
Why should I watch this game? Philip Barbieri is coming off of a strong win over Shreveport and earlier this season, they tied El Paso. [u3dd6880]Baltimore[/u3dd6880] has what it takes to win in this league, but so do their opponents, the Durham Bulldogs. The Bulldogs have played strong in their matches this season and their only loss comes at the hands of the mighty Detroit Vampires team.

What should I expect? Look for both of these teams to have a bit of trouble running the ball. Although Durham sometimes struggles to run the ball, Baltimore's rushing attack isn't such that they need to worry to much. Expect Durham's Edwin Kimber to throw the long ball effectively. Durham averages 9.18 yards per attempt. If Baltimore wants to beat Durham at home, they'll need to focus on stopping the air attack. To do that they will need to continue taking the ball away. Their +3 turnover ratio is excellent at this point in the season. Baltimore's defense has been great thus far.

Klemu's Kall: Vegas has Baltimore by 4 points. Klemu wants to call the upset here . . . and he will! Durham by 1! With Baltimore's dinged up secondary, Kimber throws a last minute TD to win the game![/quote3dd6880]

Ahem. Baltimore, not Boston. Great preview anyway!

3-5 playoff record