It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Upcoming draft sched
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:48 pm 
Legend Of The Game

Can we set a schedule for the remainder of the draft? I would suggest finishing the first round as we are doing (12 hours per pick), but then switching to a different format for the rest of the draft. I think we could do one round every other day, with each owner submitting an ordered list of players that they would like to pick. I wouldn't want to do more than one round per day because who I pick in round 5 will effect who I want to pick in round 6, etc.

Also, I would like to see a live chat for each round, so that those who attend could get the feeling of a live draft and make their picks that way. If someone doesn't submit a list of players then the owners present in the chat can vote on a player for them. That's my suggestion, but I just wanted to open this up for discussion so that I can get an idea of what to expect.

Post subject: Re: Upcoming draft s
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:04 pm 
Tulsa Talons

[quote928b0c7="Taco"]Can we set a schedule for the remainder of the draft? I would suggest finishing the first round as we are doing (12 hours per pick), but then switching to a different format for the rest of the draft. I think we could do one round every other day, with each owner submitting an ordered list of players that they would like to pick. I wouldn't want to do more than one round per day because who I pick in round 5 will effect who I want to pick in round 6, etc.

Also, I would like to see a live chat for each round, so that those who attend could get the feeling of a live draft and make their picks that way. If someone doesn't submit a list of players then the owners present in the chat can vote on a player for them. That's my suggestion, but I just wanted to open this up for discussion so that I can get an idea of what to expect.[/quote928b0c7]

well right now there is no 'set time limit'...I agree that we should try to get the draft going, and 12 hours are not needed for the other rounds. If people could submit a draft list to me, or GE that could help speed things up a bit. I would like to be able to draft all my own players, and not have to sim any rounds...but depending on the time I do not know if that is possible (and I have not discussed that issue with GE). Maybe do something similar to the NFL, 12 hours a pick for the first round...4 for the 2nd, 2 for the 3rd...1 for each round after that. After the 3rd round picks will probably be made more on a position rather than a best player available. Again I have not discussed anything with GE, but a draft schedule or something would be nice- something to speed the draft up a little.

Home of Marvin "Muddy Waters" Raffo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:19 pm 

doing a full round a day is gonna get crazy. Think about this, would you want to be the guy picking 32snd in the round and you have to give a list of 32 names, just plain crazy...

Maybe do half a round per day, picks 1-6 on one day, then 17-32 the next day...

FM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:22 pm 
Tulsa Talons

[quote5ee3fa5="FrogMan"]doing a full round a day is gonna get crazy. Think about this, would you want to be the guy picking 32snd in the round and you have to give a list of 32 names, just plain crazy...

Maybe do half a round per day, picks 1-16 on one day, then 17-32 the next day...

FM[/quote5ee3fa5]

yeah, it would never be a problem for me, a 2 person list :)
a 1/2 round a day for the later rounds is a good idea, maybe have a live draft chat and those who sent a list but can attend the chat could be able to make their pick live if something changed...just throwing another idea out there.

Home of Marvin "Muddy Waters" Raffo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:39 pm 

I check the forums at least 5-6 times a day, with the excel spreadsheet at work and the program at home, I can make my selections with ease and quickness.