It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:35 pm 

Went 3/3 ATS for week 4, missed the week 5 picks because I was busy... but hopefully we keep the run going. 6/9 so far!

Durham at Tennessee (+0) - With their latest loss to BAL in week 5, the Bulldogs have matched their 2060 count. Local radio seems to think the sky is falling in North Carolina and the bookies are down on them this week, but am I worried for their playoff hopes? Not at all.

If you missed the action last week, one word sums up the Bombers: Pressure. I didn't weigh in on the big trade, but WR Rhodes and CB Hammond make the race for the Atlantic division pretty exciting. With DE Hitchcock up front and S Leskun and CB Hammond blanketing receivers, it's no wonder QB Ortiz tucked the ball and ran for his life. But we gotta calm down folks. This matchup at a pickem is a gift.

The Militia did well to win 3 easier matchups after a rough start, but they weren't the cleanest of wins. STL and DET were both in the games well into the fourth quarter and stopped TEN on multiple occasions. This offensive line was put together on a shoestring and their offensive grade has dropped to the bottom third in the league-- three players were either on a different team or not starters last season! They've still got QB Porto under center but it might be too tall a task to drag this team to the postseason. They've got the cap space and some assets to trade, are they really going to waste this window?

The Bulldogs are still as good as we think they are and will win this game handily: DUR 33-14.

Cleveland (-3) at Hartford - If there's any team that needs a nice pick me up after a bye week, it's the Hartford boys. The combination of a rookie G in the starting lineup and QB Barker's unfortunate knee injury had them looking at a rough start. Teams didn't have to respect QBs Bennett or Brandon and could focus on slowing RB Feagles.

The Sentries top the Great Lakes at 3-1 but whatever they did during the Bye week was a big step back. QB Minton and the offense just came out flat. CLE have been leaning more on Minton's arm but they also need to get RB Mansour going. It's a win-win for everybody if this run game does better. They have the big guys they need to pull it off already!

I'm not sure if QB Barker will suit up this week-- all signs look good-- and if he does I think this bet is a go. You'll have to be quick after the announcement if you want to catch this +3 though. This will be a tough game and whoever ultimately wants it more will probably edge it out but for this column I'll call it a win for the Attack: HAR 27-24.

Baltimore (-10) at San Antonio - Running a bit low on time to write something up for this third game but these guys from San Antonio don't want to be here. GM hbcook86 is currently fielding offers for the kitchen sink and the copper wiring at the practice facility after trading away just about every valuable player. I get it, you gotta clean house every now and then, but now they aren't even planning to start QB Logan. There's legit no reason to turn this game on!

QB O'Neill and the Bombers have taken out 2 serious contenders and probably should've beaten a third in CLE. This defense is one of the scariest in the league and rookie RB Humphries looks to be earning the team's trust as a ball carrier. It's still early but I might be on board with these guys making a deep run following the trade with SAO. WR Rhodes and CB Hammond are probably glad to get out of that mess but they won't be taking it easy on their ex-teammates en route to the team's third win in a row. BAL 33-10.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:55 am 

Quote:

Baltimore (-10) at San Antonio - Running a bit low on time to write something up for this third game but these guys from San Antonio don't want to be here. GM hbcook86 is currently fielding offers for the kitchen sink and the copper wiring at the practice facility after trading away just about every valuable player. I get it, you gotta clean house every now and then, but now they aren't even planning to start QB Logan. There's legit no reason to turn this game on!
I must not be doing too bad as we almost have the same record as Detroit with way less talent to work with. This is like the Elephant man calling someone ugly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:50 am 

Quote:
I must not be doing too bad as we almost have the same record as Detroit with way less talent to work with. This is like the Elephant man calling someone ugly.
I don't write these as the Detroit GM... but yes, the Vampires will get roasted too if they find themselves on the preview. Which might be next week since they're somehow favored vs Hartford??

No bad team is safe!

:smt005

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:20 pm 

always look forward to these, Z,,, thank you.....good work

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:34 pm 
Tennessee Milita

Smoke and mirrors baby!!! :twisted:

Eastern Conference Champions
2048, 2049
CFL Champions
2048, 2049
Home of Bart Godfrey - All-Time Rushing King