It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:39 am 

Day 1 of the NFL DRAFT PRESSER

I'd like to thank everyone for coming today; I know I did not give you all a chance to talk to me when I was hired here, but due to the ways things ended for the previous guy, I was kind brought in at the last moment. I have been busy at work looking over the roster finding what needed to change around here. Luckily the fun part started tonight and am excited to start molding the team to my vision. With that I will open the floor to any questions.

Sarah: Kodi, what led you to select Hayden Pearson in the first round? What qualities and skills did you see in him that made him the right choice for our team?

Kodi: With Hayden, it was a very easy choice for us. First of all, he has some of the best hand-placement I have seen from a young guy like him; combined that with his Football IQ, he showed all he needed to secure himself as the best OLineman, let alone Guard, in this class. The tape shows his pure technique and strength perfectly fine, he didnt need to run around in shorts to prove it to us.

John: Offensive linemen are often crucial to a team's success, but they don't always receive the same attention as skill positions. How important is Hayden's role in our offensive strategy, and how do you see him fitting into our offensive scheme?

Kodi: Yeah, that's kind of the theme in todays league. Your superstars like "Sugarfoot" in San Antonio, or guys like Rotzell over in Texas.. those guys have the whole league looking at them, but without the guys up front; they don't have the ability to go out and make plays. Needless to say, without the Offensive Line, there is no offense. Hayden is gonna be the centerpiece and anchor of a rebuilt young O-Line. Might not be a "sexy" pick, but will begin the start of the new era of Ohio football.

Emily: Can you share some insights into the scouting and evaluation process that led to Hayden Pearson's selection? Were there any standout moments or qualities that convinced you he was the right choice?

Kodi: I mentioned earlier that his tape stood out on its own; but I cant get over week 5 this last year. W&M were on the road against Wofford, and everyone was there looking at Cote. I am not gonna lie, we were there strictly for Cote, but when his team was on the sideline, I couldn't stop staring at Hayden. He was having his way with Woffords front 7. Getting to the second level on double teams, steam rolling an open running lane, or being a brick wall on pass protection. At that moment I knew i was going to be the one to draft this kid. Honestly its criminal he actually made it to us at 11.

Michael: As GM, how do you envision Hayden Pearson's presence impacting the overall team dynamic, both on and off the field?

Kodi: Man, I just got off the phone with the kid, and he ceases to amaze me. He is such an upstanding guy. In our interview with him, he would not stop talking about the ways he could be better. He has that drive to be the best out there. Thats something this team desperately needs, the drive to be the best of the best. We are changing the feel of this locker room and Hayden is gonna be the focal point of all of that.

Olivia: Lastly, can you provide some insights into the long-term vision for Hayden Pearson within the organization? What expectations do you have for his development over the coming seasons?

Kodi: Like I have said several times tonight, we envision him being the starting LG for the foreseeable future; but honestly that's nothing compared to the expectations this kid has placed on himself. I'm just so excited to get him into the building, and get this offense gelling.

Jason: That's all the time we have today everyone.

Kodi: Once again, I'd like thank everyone for coming. I am looking forward to making this the best damn football team Ohio has seen.

Jason: We will be back tomorrow night after rounds two and three, as well as Hayden when he gets into the building here tomorrow or Saturday night. Have a good night.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:52 pm 

Jason: Thank you all for joining us today. We're excited to introduce our first-round draft pick, LG Hayden Pearson. Let's start with questions about Hayden.

Olivia: Hayden, congratulations on being selected in the first round. Can you share your initial thoughts and feelings about joining this team and becoming a part of the NFL?

Hayden Pearson: Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm incredibly excited to be here. It's a dream come true to be drafted in the first round and to have the opportunity to contribute to this team's success.

John: Hayden, offensive linemen are often described as the unsung heroes of the game. What strengths and skills do you believe you bring to the team, and how do you plan to make an impact right away?

Hayden Pearson: Absolutely, offensive linemen play a crucial role in protecting the quarterback and opening up running lanes. I believe my strength and agility will help me excel in both pass protection and run blocking. I'm ready to put in the work and do whatever it takes to help this team succeed.

Mike: The NFL is known for its physicality and the strength of defensive linemen. How do you plan to adapt to the challenges of facing top-notch defensive players week in and week out?

Hayden Pearson: Great question. The NFL is a step up in competition, and I understand the challenges that come with it. I'll be working closely with the coaching staff and my fellow linemen to continue improving my skills and techniques. I'm excited to embrace the competition and keep learning from it.

Joseph : Can you talk about your college experience and how it prepared you for this moment? Are there any particular games or matchups that you feel were turning points in your development as a player?

Hayden Pearson: My college experience was invaluable in preparing me for the NFL. I faced some top-tier defensive linemen during my college career, and those matchups certainly helped me grow as a player. There were a few standout games where I felt I took significant strides in my development, and I'm eager to build on that foundation at the professional level.

Alexandria: Lastly, what are your personal goals for your rookie season, and how do you see yourself contributing to the team's success?

Hayden Pearson: My main goal for my rookie season is to earn the trust of my teammates and coaches. I want to be a dependable and consistent presence on the offensive line, doing my part to protect the quarterback and create opportunities for our running backs. Ultimately, my focus is on contributing to our team's success in any way I can.

Jason: Thanks everyone, Kodi should be out here in a few hours to give his thoughts on Day 2 of the draft.