It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:14 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Klemu's Games of the
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:11 pm 

[ida9c385][bda9c385]Klemu's Games of the Week (Week 16)[/bda9c385][/ida9c385]

First off, let's review how I did last week. It may not be surprising to you if you know me, but I was perfect on my calls last week. Here are the games in review:

[bda9c385]El Paso 9 - Denver 7[/bda9c385]
This game was much closer than I thought, but in the end, I picked the right team. I called El Paso to win by 4. Even though they didn't cover Klemu's spread, they did get the victory. Terrell Keith was the key to El Paso's victory running for 107 yards on 20 attempts. A lot of credit has to be given to El Paso's defense, however, who held Denver to 204 total yards, along with taking 3 interceptions and scoring 2 sacks. This was a tricky game as El Paso finally took the lead with less than 3 minutes left in the game. I called Hinson to be MVP, and all though he had an adequate performance, Derick Javier won the honors making 7 tackles, 5 assists, 1.5 sacks, and 1 hurry.

[bda9c385]Las Vegas 14 - Tucson 30[/bda9c385]
Tucson really put on a clinic during the game. I called Tucson to win by 2 and they covered my spread. For the most part Tucson dominated this game and Drew Holliday ran wild racking up 119 yards on 22 carries, with 1 TD. If it weren't for Lenny "Jackpot" Olsen's back to back home run balls, the game would have ended in a shutout. The real story was turnovers as Las Vegas gave the ball away 3 times to Tucson's 1 time. I did not call an MVP for this game, but Milan Hogan adequately fills the bill. He was 23/31 for 256 yards, 2 TD's and 0 INT's.

[bda9c385]Sacramento 12 - Huntington Beach 10[/bda9c385]
Although fans may have hated such a defensive struggle, I loved it. This was Klemu's upset of the week and Sacramento came through for me covering my 1 point spread. Both teams tried to control the ball and both were very affective. The lone touchdown came in the 3rd quarter on an Austin Moreland 1 yard run. Although Sacramento's Luke Alston wasn't spectacular as I thought he might be, he did perform well enough (28/40, 259, 0, 0) to get the MVP honors. This creates a log jam at the top of the San Andreas division where three times stand at 8-6.

[bda9c385]Boise 20 - Seattle 10[/bda9c385]
Another correct call for me as I had Boise winning by 3. Boise decided to go ahead and win by 10, though. After Dever and company jumped out to a 10 point lead in the first quarter, the resilient Branden Lin rallied his troops back and scored 13 points in the second quarter. That was pretty much all the action until Abe Muncy scored on a Branden Lin 7 yard TD pass with less than 2 minutes to go in the game. Craig Jiles won the battle over Cole Faison by keeping Faison to 2 catches for 28 yards (and those 2 catches were made on the other side of the field when Jiles wasn't covering him). Lin received the MVP honors by posting 14 completions on 26 attempts for 184 yards, with 2 TD's and 0 INT's. This creates a crowd of good teams at the top of the Ring of Ice division with three teams tied at 9-5.

Now onto this week's games.

[bda9c385]#4 - New Orleans (7-7) at Boise (9-5)[/bda9c385]
Why should I watch this game? Even though, New Orleans is in the midst of a bad streak, they still have high playoff hopes. Having lost 3 of their last 4 games, the Breakers will be trying to right the ship and get back in the playoff hunt, which is possible, considering they are tied with Tampa Bay and the Torpedoes still have to face Durham and the best record in the CFL in week 17. On the other side of the CFL, the Stampede are tied for first in the Ring of Ice division after pulling out a huge win on the road against division rivals, Seattle. However, they're on the outside looking in at the playoffs now since both Oregon and Seattle have a better division record than them. Boise needs to win out the last two games to get into the playoffs. Fortunately for them, Seattle plays Oregon in week 17, pretty much assuring Boise a playoff spot if they can run the table.

What should I expect?Expect the Breakers' QB, Randolph Krantz, to play even though he is listed as questionable. Without him, New Orleans doesn't have a chance in Boise. Boise has a very tough run defense, but if they had a weakness, it would be against the pass. Without Krantz, New Orleans does not have a passing game. On the other side of the ball, it will be up to Boise's RB Sherman New to continue his outstanding season and punch a couple of TD's against New Orleans' weaker Defensive Line. Boise also suffers from a couple of key injury to WR Terrance Ryan who will be questionable for the game, which will allow New Orleans to double up on Muncy.

Klemu's Kall: Boise is too well balanced. They'll get it done with the running game and Sherman New. Vegas says Boise by 9, Klemu says that New Orleans will play them tougher. Boise by 4. Sherman New will win MVP honors.

[bda9c385]#3 - Santa Cruz (8-6) at Durham (12-2)[/bda9c385]
Why should I watch this game? Santa Cruz is fighting for their playoff lives tied at 8-6 for the San Andreas Division lead with Sacramento and Huntington Beach. With one remaining match against Sacramento, it looks to be a tough road for the preseason favorite Privateers. Durham will lock a playoff bye with a victory in this game and will be well on their way to securing homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. If Detroit loses to El Paso and Durham beats Santa Cruz, Durham will have earned that honor.

What should I expect? The key to this game is Durham's QB Edwin Kimber. If Santa Cruz can get good pressure on Kimber, they can contend. If they let Kimber take over the ball game, Durham will whoop their arses. Durham's run game is not too strong, so the hole in the middle of the Privateers defense left by injured players, Thom Andrew and Tony Metz, shouldn't be too big of a concern. What is important is the great defensive backs employed by Santa Cruz can get the job done. Santa Cruz's offensive line should match up favorable against Durham's defense. I don't foresee Motormouth getting many sacks in this game as Santa Cruz should be relying heavily on their run game to control the clock and take shots only when they need to.

Klemu's Kall: This is Klemu's upset special of the week. Vegas says Durham by 6. Klemu says Santa Cruz by 2. Look for William Sheehan to put up some good numbers as the MVP and leave a treadmark or two on Motormouth's chest.

[bda9c385]#2 - New York (10-4) at Honolulu (11-3)[/bda9c385]
Why should I watch this game? When a 10-4 team plays an 11-3 team, you should always watch. For New York, it is only a matter of semantics, but they have in fact clinched their division. Honolulu, however, has Tucson breathing down it's back looking for some help from New York so they can have a shot at the division title. New York will need to win out and get some help if it wants a chance at getting a 1st round bye. However, the caliber of these two teams is reason enough to watch.

What should I expect? Expect for New York's light schedule to catch up with them. They'll try to compete, but they truly aren't on the same level as Honolulu. According to the ratings, New York's strenght of schedule is -173 which is third only to Durham and Detroit. What does this say about the strenght of the AFC? Not much. Honolulu has better quality wins. Lucky for New York, however, this isn't the Bowl Coalition. Instead we'll see New York try to run the ball and we'll Honolulu's underated defense control the game. Expect Ronnie Tu to be in true Tu form.

Klemu's Kall: Vegas says Honolulu by 9, Klemu agrees. Ronnie Tu will throw his way to the game MVP, although there will probably be somebody on Honolulu's defense who is more deserving.

[bda9c385]#1 - El Paso (11-3) at Detroit (11-3)[/bda9c385]
Why should I watch this game? What could be better than watching a 10-4 vs. an 11-3? How about 11-3 vs. 11-3? That's right, El Paso vs. Detroit wins the game of the week honors. This one will be a great game. El Paso has already clinched its division, but needs a victory to ensure a playoff bye. They are trying to keep pace with Honolulu to secure home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Detroit is in the same boat. They, also have clinched their division (if you can really call it one) and they are trying to win a playoff bye and home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Realistically El Paso could drop a game and still get a bye, however Detroit has the hungry Shreveport and New York teams nipping at its heals to get the bye.

What should I expect? A great game, nothing less. There is only one really big injury to consider in this game, El Paso's center, Refugio Davis who is listed as Questionable. If he cannot go, El Paso will miss his 34 key run blocks and only 2 sacks allowed. However, I bet he sits the game out. El Paso wouldn't risk him two weeks before the playoffs start. El Paso's defense it TOUGH, no doubt about it. They'll be putting pressure on Detroit's Freddy Mathias all day. That isn't to take props away from Detroit's O-line who is a very respectable force. But, this is where the game will be won, Detroit's offense versus El Paso's defense. Let me tell you something now. This game is as close as they can possibly get.

Klemu's Kall: I can't call the upset on this one, even though I'm very tempted to do so. Detroit is a hard place to play. The Vampires have only lost one game their this season and that was on a last second field goal against Hartford. Vegas says Detroit by 2, Klemu says Detroit by 1. Freddy Mathias gets the MVP.

[ida9c385][bda9c385]Klemu's Gaim uv teh Sux![/bda9c385][/ida9c385]

[bda9c385]Tulsa (4-10) at Albany (4-10)[/bda9c385]
Why should I watch this game? Because your only other option is vomitting up your liver.

What should I expect? Two crappy teams moving left and right on your TV screen.

Klemu's Kall: The game is best watched in "Beer-vision"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:27 pm 
Kansas City Crows

Woohoo, second straight week as the gaim uv teh sux. Actually gotta be a lil worse this week since Joel Foran, aka our offense, will be out 29 weeks with MCL damage, yippie. Albany will give away tickets equalling half the stadium's capacity to needy children in the community, and they probably won't show up.

I've got some burning questions for Klemu. Do you cry over spilled milk? Is it Fat Free, Whole, or Soy? And lastly, what is your jersey number for the Mooseport Mousse Hockey Club?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:16 pm 
Honolulu Blue Pacific

Second best record in the CFL and they think Im worried about the division? Fonzie suffered a prettygood arse kicking last time we met up. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:06 pm 
Tulsa Talons

Woo hoo! my game is best watched in beer version...guess im getting drunk for noon friday! lol

Home of Marvin "Muddy Waters" Raffo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:22 am 

[quote1aa2d02="thater"]I've got some burning questions for Klemu. Do you cry over spilled milk? Is it Fat Free, Whole, or Soy? And lastly, what is your jersey number for the Mooseport Mousse Hockey Club?[/quote1aa2d02]

And I've got some burning encefelitis for you!

What I do over spilled milk is less like crying and more like bitch and moan. In fact, the spilled milk which I bitch and moan about is not in the options that you have listed, but most commonly goats milk. Specifically, it comes from Nancy, my Finnish Landrace goat, who provides fresh milk to the Hakkinen household every morning.

As for the number I wear on my Jersey. I wear the number 8, just like my homeland idol, Teemu Selanne. Or as we say in Finland "I-KIRJAIN hivuttaa joukko kahdeksan!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:14 am 

Klemu,

Here's a little reality check for you...

I was one of the three season ticket holders for the Mooseport squad and you were the starting RW for the 3rd line.

As far as the best writer for the CFL, you are the best writer for the CFL using your broken Finglish language.

Now, best CFL game analyst I'll give ya, but nothing more.

Bite Me!

Oh, and stay off my fjucking lawn,eh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:43 am 

Norm,

Did you forget to put on your reading glasses, again? Or have your burning questions driven you blind with gonorrhea? The rest of the world can clearly see that I claim only to be a be[b1ad98f1]a[/b1ad98f1]t writer for the CFL, not the be[b1ad98f1]s[/b1ad98f1]t writer for the CFL.

Have you ever thought about becoming a ref? You certainly have the eyesight to qualify you for the position. Unfortunately, I think you have to be able to read at a 3rd grade level to pass the ref's test, so you might struggle there.

Oh, and thanks for supporting the Mousse! I was going to rip you for misunderstanding my position on the team, but Coach said I shouldn't offend our loyal customer. Perhaps it's too late . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:45 pm 

How soon we forget when we suffer 'major blow to head in game' injuries.

Maybe I should reintroduce myself. Hi, I'm Norm DePlume, one of the three loyal supporters of our beloved Mooseport Mousse. We met at several games last year and exchanged many fragmented sentences last season.

I'll remind your fragile egg how our relationship works. As Norm DePlume, I reserve all right to take artisitc license with any of my works. If that means dismantling direct quotes and assembling them as I wish, so be it. You can go play find the puck with your knuckleheaded, three-tooth smiling thugs while I wax fictitiously on my blackberry in the stands. So what if I misread your tag line, no one cares.

As far as offending me, please! The entire Mousse club does not have the collective IQ to be able to insult me unless you include the mascot or the part-time organist at the rink.

Remind ownership that I will always be there to support my favorite team and do my part in paying your $50/week wage.

Game on!

And as far as you being a neat writer for the CFL, I think we better be thankful you're doing this electronically, as I've seen your handwriting - it's worse than your Finglish.

Now run along and take some 'shot on net' Klemu, we better make a run at the ribbon this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:57 pm 
El Paso Rockets

[quote7d9ecdc="Klemu Hakkinen"]Klemu says Detroit by 1[/quote7d9ecdc]

*cough*Bullshit*cough*

El Paso Rockets
2016, 2037 Wild Card Team
2005, 2006, 2015 Cavalry Divison champs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:57 pm 
Detroit Vampires

[quotec89df32="JeeberD"][quotec89df32="Klemu Hakkinen"]Klemu says Detroit by 1[/quotec89df32]

*cough*Bullshit*cough*[/quotec89df32]

Indeed.

Detroit by 28. :shock: