It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:57 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Shall the league adopt this version of the CFL Constitution?
Yes 96%  96%  [ 22 ]
No 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes: 23
 Post subject: CFL Constitution Vot
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:05 am 
Legendary Former Owner

This is the final version which I am proposing that the league adopt.

The only substantive change from the previously posted version is that this adds Section IV.C.3., which basically says that no team may sign any player who was released following that player's final game of the season. It essentially forbids teams from signing players who were illegally released at the end of the season.

THE (PROPOSED) OFFICIAL CONSTITUTION OF

THE CONTINENTAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE

PREAMBLE

We, the Owners of the Continental Football League (

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:25 am 

Proposed amendment to Art. III. The commissioner shall be taken out by a 2/3 majority vote. Not just a majority vote. Anything less than that is not fair to the commissioner. Either that or he may serve a period of no longer than 4 years but the owners have the right to extend that contract up to 2 years. That is what I propose for the CFL Constitution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:47 am 
Legendary Former Owner

[quoteb957fd6="Potential_Owner"]Proposed amendment to Art. III. The commissioner shall be taken out by a 2/3 majority vote. Not just a majority vote. Anything less than that is not fair to the commissioner. Either that or he may serve a period of no longer than 4 years but the owners have the right to extend that contract up to 2 years. That is what I propose for the CFL Constitution.[/quoteb957fd6]

That would be a good idea, but it wouldn't work in this league. We didn't even get 2/3 (21.333) of the owners to vote for the Constitution! :wink:

One amendment I was thinking about was to remove the requirement that we post changes to player positions on the forum.

I don't really recall a situtation where changing a player position gave a team a huge advantage (whenever I've done it, it's either no change in abilities, or the guy totally sucks after the change).

I consider posting player changes a minor annoyance we could do without. I put it in the Constitution because that's the way we've played for so long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:22 pm 
Tulsa Talons

I dont really see the need to post the position changes other than someone changing a great player to a kicker or punter or something like that. But then that goes against sportsmanship

Home of Marvin "Muddy Waters" Raffo