It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Talon's Week 1 Revie
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:00 am 
Tulsa Talons

In week 1 of the 2007 regular season the Tulsa beat Fargo for the first time in 9 attempts. Fargo now holds an 8-1 lead in the division rivalry. Fargo came out firing early and took a 14-7 lead heading into halftime with 2 TD passes from Dwayne Bridges while the Talons had 1 TD pass from Donnie Lowe. The 3rd quarter whas dominated by Tulsa who put up 21 points in a 6 minute span. Another TD pass by Donnie Lowe, a short run by Butch Fulton and a fumble return for WR Charles Lindberg. Fargo answered back with another TD pass from Bridges and a FG from Leroy Mathews but it was not enough as the Talons hung on to win 28-24.
In the game Fargo threw the ball an impressive 59 times, but only had 4 rushes on the day. The heavy pass attack helped Talon's SS Desmond Ward set a new single game CFL record for passes defensed with 7! The 2nd year CB out of Auburn, Floyd Bruce, had 5 passes defensed of his own. Other noteable stats on the day were DE Matt Bevis had 2.5 sacks, WR Daniel Campbell led the team with 79 yards recieving and 1 TD on 4 catches. Charles Lindberg had a very dissapointing day with only 2 catches for 24 yards. If that continues Lindberg might find himself on the bench behind Campbell!

Home of Marvin "Muddy Waters" Raffo

Post subject: Re: Talon's Week 1 R
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:54 am 
Cleveland Flats

[quote759450e="Doug5984"]If that continues Lindberg might find himself on the bench behind Campbell![/quote759450e]

If you're looking to trade Lindberg... let me know. :)

Post subject: Re: Talon's Week 1 R
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:41 pm 
Tulsa Talons

[quote6e8e78e="TLK"][quote6e8e78e="Doug5984"]If that continues Lindberg might find himself on the bench behind Campbell![/quote6e8e78e]

If you're looking to trade Lindberg... let me know. :)[/quote6e8e78e]

The way his contract is I cant afford to trade him :( It would cost me aronud 7-8 million next season.

Home of Marvin "Muddy Waters" Raffo