It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Week 3 - Klemu's Gam
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:53 pm 

What can I say, I'm still batting .500. Although that would put me in the elite if I were batting in the major leagues. Unfortunately, my job is to call the games correctly. 50% is not good enough. I'll have to put in a little overtime this week to get them right. Here are my two games of the week:

[b70b3f12]#2 Honolulu (2-0) and Sacramento (1-1)[/b70b3f12]
Why should I watch this game? Because Ronnie Tu is playing in it you fool. If there is anybody more exciting to watch at the QB position than Dwayne Bridges, it has to be Honolulu's Ronnie Tu. While Ronnie Tu and the Blue Wave have started out spectacularly (as you'd expect from the champion) Sacramento hit a stumbling block in week 1. However, they proved to Atlantic City that they were still a contender downing the Phantoms 33-0!

What Should I expect? Expect for Ronnie Tu and Colin Sonkin to attack the depleted linebacking corps of the Dragons. The Dragons are deep at this position, but with two starters out and one with a nagging thumb injury, they aren't as strong as they should be. At Center for the Dragons, third year Tackle Clay Davidson will be hiking the ball in lieu of two injured Centers. When Sacramento gets their hands on the ball expect a heavy dose of Alexis Rounds. If there is a week point to Honolulu's defense, it is in the trenches.

Klemu's Kall: Vegas has Sacramento by 3. Klemu says take Honolulu and the points, bet early and bet heavy. Honolulu by 2, Sacramento is still too dinged up. Ronnie Tu gets the MVP.

[b70b3f12]#1 - Detroit (2-0) at Durham (2-0)[/b70b3f12]
Why should I watch this game? Because it's a rematch of last year's Eastern Conference Championship, which ended horribly for the Bulldogs. Let me take you back to last season . . .

[i70b3f12]Durham faces 4th and 4 with 2:15 remaining in the game. They lead the visiting Vampires by a score of 24-16. The punting unit comes out on the field. Here's the snap, the kick is away, it's a high end over end punt. What a beautiful kick! Ernie Sutton catches the ball at his own 8. He's got a little room to run . . . cuts left, picks up a block, he's got a hole! This could be dangerous! Only the kicker to beat! Schrimsher dives at Sutton's feet and misses! HE . . . COULD . . . GO . . . ALL . . . THE . . . WAY . . . TOUCHDOWN DETROIT! A 92 yard punt return of a 57 yard punt! This is amazing . . . [/i70b3f12]

Freddie Mathias completed the 2-point conversion to John Bevan. On Durham's next possession Edwin Kimber was intercepted and a facemask penalty by Durham SS Tony Cook gave Detroit a shot at a 54-yard field goal with 19 seconds left in the game . . .

[i70b3f12]The ball is snapped . . . good hold . . . the kick is up . . . fading right . . . IT'S GOOD![/i70b3f12]

Detroit wins the Eastern Conference Championship by 3 points and goes on to the CFL Bowl.

What Should I expect? Who cares? Didn't I give you enough reason to watch the game?

Klemu's Kall: Detroit is favored by 3 and I know that Detroit is a better team. But the crowd is going to make a difference in this one. They watched as Ernie Sutton stole their CFL Bowl dreams last year. They want revenge. Klemu says Motormouth gets his revenge. Durham by 1.

--------------------------------------

[b70b3f12]Klemu's Gaim uv teh Sux!

Boston (1-1) at San Antonio (0-2)[/b70b3f12]
Why should I watch this game? Because every other channel is showing Ice Capades.

What should I expect? The inadvertent humor of two teams trying to play a game that they don't really know how to play.

Klemu's Kall: Ok, maybe you [i70b3f12]should[/i70b3f12] watch the Ice Capades. I heard the Pavel Bure is going to be the Ice Prince.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:43 pm 
Honolulu Blue Pacific

Tu certainly sucked in that game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:13 am 
Legendary Former Owner

I feel honored. :)