It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Thunderbirds Call In
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:32 pm 

[b111fe1d]Seattle(AP)[/b111fe1d] - The Seattle Thunderbirds issued a statement this afternoon announcing the hiring of Aylmar as their new General Manager/Vice President of Player Operations.

"It is our pleasure to introduce the new leader of our football team to all of our loyal fans. The organization has every confidence in this man to bring us forward as a franchise and establish the winning tradition that is our goal here in Seattle."

Aylmar served for two seasons as the linebackers coach at the University of Georgia before assuming the title of General Manager for the Thunderbirds. This reporter caught up to him on the way to his car after the big announcement. A few minor tidbits from our "off the record" conversation:

[b111fe1d]Are you planning to be active in free agency?[/b111fe1d]

[i111fe1d]No, not really. We have a lot of hard decisions to make before the draft. I understand that we've been getting some feelers about our first round draft pick. We want to explore those options and take a good hard look at our roster before making any additions.[/i111fe1d]

[b111fe1d]What are your thoughts on Charles Dever?[/b111fe1d]

[i111fe1d]Charles has been a great player for this organization. Of course we'd really like to keep him around. You don't find a quarterback like Charles every day. With our cap situation, however, he's one of those things we're going to look at for a long time this week.[/i111fe1d]

[b111fe1d]Roger Heflin has gone on record to say that he expects to be traded or cut. Have you gotten any nibbles?[/b111fe1d]

[i111fe1d]Look, I just took this job about what, an hour ago? I hardly have time to know everything there is to know about a guy who the team paid around two million dollars a sack last season. I have no comment on trades. If we can find someone else that will pay two million a sack, we'll make a deal.[/i111fe1d]

It may be me, but this guy is going to need all the help he can get. Come to the preseason games, but from what Aylmar is saying, you better buy a program!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:48 pm 
Legendary Former Owner

Welcome to the league! :)