It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Talons welcome Donni
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:35 am 
Tulsa Talons

With their first pick in the 2004 draft the Tulsa Talons went offensive with the best RB in [b34778c6]Butch Fulton[/b34778c6], Fulton turned out to have a great rookie season with over 1,200 yards. That however did not help the Talons as they were picking in the top 5 again this season. With their first pick in the 2005 draft the Tulsa Talons selected [b34778c6]QB Donnie Lowe. [/b34778c6]

Donnie Lowe is a California native who stayed in state to play his college ball at Cal. The 6'0, 214 pound QB is known for his ability to run an offense and throw the short pass. The Talons were very pleased when El Paso selected QB Hayes, as the Talons had Lowe rated higher on their draft board, mainly because of his experience and ability to challenge for the starting spot from day 1.

When asked how he felt about the signing of Sonny Jarvis, and the pick of Lowe Talon QB [b34778c6] Corey Durant [/b34778c6] responded by saying: "I am shocked to see they are trying to replace me, I am still a young QB learning the system and I have shown great improvement, I completed over 60% of my passes in 6 of the last 7 games. If coach Ashcraft is not going to give me a chance to start then I would like to be traded to a team where I will have that opportunity."

In other Talon news 2 big names were added to the roster this past week when the team reached an agreement with FA WR[b34778c6]Charles Lindberg [/b34778c6], and a trade agreement that sent 2 draft picks to Seattle for CB [b34778c6] Damon Jankowski [/b34778c6].

New head coach BJ Ashcraft is trying hard to bring in some final pieces to the puzzle that he hopes will propell Tulsa to a division title, and eventually a bowl win!

Home of Marvin "Muddy Waters" Raffo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:43 am 
Legendary Former Owner

This is a great pickup for Tulsa. I do not think you will be picking in the top 5 next year...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:46 am 
El Paso Vulture

and Tulsa takes the best QB in the draft.