It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:49 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: A New Look for the C
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:57 am 
Legendary Former Owner

In a full conference room at a well known International Hotel, the CFL today unveiled the new look Texas Inferno and a new logo in a special press conference today.

The event marks the beginning of a new era in Texas football. The press conference began with the appointment of new Inferno GM, b-jay making a public statement.

'Today, a new era begins, I like the pressure that's put on this team," said b-jay. "The pressure that's on the players and the coach and myself is a positive thing. We want the attention. We welcome the scrutiny. We're ready to go.

The CFL's Texas franchise has endured 5 losing seasons out of the last 7 as the Sun-Devils but it's clear that there's a new hope surrounding everything connected with the new-look Texas Inferno.

More than a dozen television cameras lined the back of a foyer as b-jay was officially introduced to the media.

'I want to spend some time gaining a deeper knowledge of my players and staff before charting a plan of attack, but it's clear some of our play-calling wasn't right over the last few years and that will be addressed.'

'We have some good draft picks coming up and I believe this squad is better than the results they've produced.'

That may calm the nerves of some jittery players, but a roster struggling with a reputation for not being tough enough should take note of his team-building philosophy.

'Toughness will be in every player's job description, this is a tough game and I expect my players to be tough.'

There were no timetables offered for turning around a club that hasn't been to the playoffs since 2013 or specifics on how he planned to give the city its first CFL Bowl but it's a step in the right direction.