It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:31 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:43 am 

Game Report: Atlantic City 12, Brooklyn 0

Week 1

PLAYER OF THE GAME

QB Tyrone Dillon

Dillon, who emerged from pre-season as the starting quarterback for ACI, seems to have quieted his critics for at least one game with an excellent performance versus Brooklyn. One game doesn’t make a season and 197 passing yards is still not setting the world on fire, but the Phantoms will take this performance. Dillon was 28-39 for 197 with no interceptions.

MISSING IN ACTION

Red Zone Offense

ACI’s only time in the red zone was short lived as rookie TE Alex McDaniel fumbled after reaching the Brooklyn 8 yard line. The good news is that Dixon Finch connected on all four field goal attempts. The bad news is that ACI needs to turn some of those field goals into touchdowns.

TURNING POINT

The Phantoms offense picked up some steam in the second quarter with three good drives that resulted in two field goals and a fumble deep in Brawlers territory.

If YOU MISSED IT

• DE Mike Hipp had only 2 tackles but showed that he is going to be a pass rushing asset with 1 sack, 2 pass blocks and 1 hurry.

• In a battle of former and current backs, current Phantom Adam Richard (18 car., 80 yards) got the better of former Phantom Mario Hall (15 car., 40 yards).

• Rumors were flying during the game that rookie lineman Monty Dunlap may have been traded.

BY THE NUMBERS

60 - Long punt for ACI’s Howard Doyle

0 - Sacks allowed ACI

8 - BlOpp by ACI’s Jimmie Matthews

UP NEXT
Texas (0-1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:53 pm 
Brooklyn Brawlers

Great Report Rick!

Has it happened before?

The Brawlers have been shut out two straight games, in the playoffs to Baltimore and now to start 2031.
______________________________________________________________________________________
In defense of Mario Hall:

I hate the first week of the season! Even though it's a division game, I always throw it out because of SEASONAL RUST. I am of the belief that I would rather have my player come in rusty rather than injured and Hall came in with significant rust as well as Rico and a few others had rust! Opinions?
______________________________________________________________________________________
Hipp had a real good game and your kicker is as advertised!

Dean Gullberry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:24 pm 
Alaska Kodiaks

My thought is...turn the injuries off during pre-season.