It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: RB William Sheehan S
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:03 pm 
Legendary Former Owner

[i609a5a1]Boston Globe[/i609a5a1] - After the Panthers' surprising back-to-back wins over reigning champions Charleston and division rivals Hartford, the national press has been hot on the heels of players to give up juicy quotes concerning their next matchup, with the 5-1 Durham Bulldogs and their notorious defensive end [b609a5a1]Motormouth Vasquez[/b609a5a1].

Unfortunately for the hacks, few players were willing to speak up. Boston's O-Line, in particular, is a pretty quiet bunch. But starting running back [b609a5a1]William Sheehan[/b609a5a1] was willing to make some quotes:

"I don't normally worry about DEs. The boys on the line usually take care of that" said Sheehan. "This Vasquez, guy, he's a RDE, right? I'm sure Jaime (LT Jaime Barnard) and Ross (LG Ross Tessier) will take care of him. Then Otis (FB Otis Austin) will take out one of their linebackers, and I'll be all set to run through the secondary. Anyway, I've watched some tape of this guy. He thinks he's a pass rusher, but he isn't even good at that. And his run D is appalling. In fact, I'm sure Jaime will just let Ross handle him and concentrate on someone else."

Some of Sheehan's thoughts were echoed by offensive coordinator [b609a5a1]Bennie Jude[/b609a5a1]: "Durham's line shouldn't pose a problem for the boys" he said. "I expect William to have no trouble getting to the second level. Our real concern is Dittman (OLB Garth Dittman), but we've got a great lead blocker in Otis, so we'll see how that goes."

Boston is trying not to sound overconfident, but the fact of the matter is that Durham's D-Line is mediocre, whilst Boston's O-Line contains two All-Pros (G Tessier & T Barnard), and the League's Strongest Man (T Michael Nelson). The other two linemen, Eicher and Hayes, have not been pushovers, either. This line has 3 of the top 15 linemen in the league for key run blocks, and is coming off of two games of running dominance.

All which should lead to an interesting matchup this following week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:44 pm 

Boston has a team? Huh, I didn't realize that. William She-man is good at one thing...fumbling. Wait til I hit him and knock the ball out before he knows who hit him but he'll remember Motormouth then and wish he forgot me but can't and then he'll fumble again and I'll be laughin' and he'll be cryin' and we'll be celebratin' and he'll be hurtin' and the crowd will be cheerin' and She-man will be limpin' cause Vazquez knocked him down and will be game MVP. MVP. MVP...that's me, and that's my guarantee!