All times are UTC-07:00

Should we run the draft via chat?
Yes, let's use a chat. 79%  79%  [ 11 ]
No, let's keep it the way it is. 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Total votes: 14
 Post subject: Solving the Draft Pr
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:49 pm 
Legendary Former Owner

Many owners are expressing frustration at the way the draft is going. Should we run the draft via a chat?

I think we should. Those owners who can't make it can have the computer do it or get someone to be their proxy. Those who need to leave early can simply have the computer make the rest of their picks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:36 pm 
Tulsa Talons

I am not sure if we should do a live chat, a list draft, a mix of the two...
but something does need to happen to speed this up quite a bit. My spring break is now over- so I will be home every day and be able to help out with lists and making picks and all that stuff.

Home of Marvin "Muddy Waters" Raffo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:45 pm 
Legend Of The Game

I think a mix of the two is the best of both worlds. Just do one round per night, or every other night. If you can make it to the live chat, great! If not, submit a list. If you don't submit a list, then everyone will vote to pick for you. Seems fair to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:58 pm 
Tulsa Talons

[quote6cd895f="Taco"]I think a mix of the two is the best of both worlds. Just do one round per night, or every other night. If you can make it to the live chat, great! If not, submit a list. If you don't submit a list, then everyone will vote to pick for you. Seems fair to me.[/quote6cd895f]

This is what I am thinking also- we could a 1/2 round a day so that people in the 2nd half of the round won't be forced to make a list 32 players long...If we did that, and stuck to it- we could finish the ENTIRE draft in 12 days. Or we could 1/2 round for rounds 2 and 3, then the later do a whole round a day, cuts it down to 8 days- personally I would like to draft my own 6th & 7th round picks- but I think we really need to hurry the draft up before we start losing owners due to the slow pace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:04 pm 

I would love to see a chat work, but I don't know how it would. If people can't log into the forum on a regular basis - how are we going to get everybody in a chat?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:13 pm 
Tulsa Talons

[quote6588f52="Ramzavail"]I would love to see a chat work, but I don't know how it would. If people can't log into the forum on a regular basis - how are we going to get everybody in a chat?[/quote6588f52]

That is very true. I would even be willing to run sort of a 'preference' draft...I know the reason I like picking my late round picks is to fill holes for my 53 man roster, if people would send in a list just saying select best RB in round 5, QB in round 6...and so on. The time limit for rounds past round 1 should be shortened a lot from 12 hours, there shouldn't be as much trading...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:39 pm 

A chat would be great if it would work, but we would never get everyone in there.

The only way to do this I think is set a hard time limit. In the eNFL we made it 1 hour. We got all our rounds in, and it went well.
Was fun too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:45 pm 
Hartford Attack

For rounds 2 and 3, I like the idea of doing half around a day in a chat. Require everyone to submit a preference list ahead of time even if they expect to make the chat (b/c someone will not be able to unexpectedly). 16 player list while, inconvient shouldn't be too hard. For the later rounds, just a simple I want a QB here is a list of the ten guys in order or something would be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:50 pm 
Honolulu Blue Pacific

Lets be honest. As much as we'd lvoe to think of us as shrewed drafters/GM's, I highly doubt that we are going to find a player that will make or break our team. I say do the first round and then send a list of position/player preference by Tuesday per round to Doug or whoever else will do the draft and get on with it. Lesson learned for next year, don't wait to start the draft. One player will not help the worse team for the next year enough to win the title and evenm then, a franchise QB to a team that needs a QB, isn't going to sign a top notch QB in the FA market.

Just my .02

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:31 pm 
Legendary Former Owner

I'm with Taco and Doug here, sounds good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:05 pm 

I'd like to be able to make my picks for the first three rounds, after that you're mostly drafting for backups anyway. Actually, I would love to do all seven rounds and my schedule is open enough to allow for however we decide, but I understand that most people have a lot of things on their plate.

So in summary, I'm flexible and would go with whatever runs smoothest and gets this draft over with within a couple weeks tops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:06 pm 
El Paso Vulture

[quote3220201="Ryche"]I'd like to be able to make my picks for the first three rounds, after that you're mostly drafting for backups anyway. Actually, I would love to do all seven rounds and my schedule is open enough to allow for however we decide, but I understand that most people have a lot of things on their plate.

So in summary, I'm flexible and would go with whatever runs smoothest and gets this draft over with within a couple weeks tops.[/quote3220201]

Check your email regarding your 2nd round pick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:11 pm 
El Paso Vulture

Dola:

I don't see why we couldn't at least allow owners to send a list for the later rounds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:16 pm 
Tulsa Talons

[quote38a0fed="MC"]Dola:

I don't see why we couldn't at least allow owners to send a list for the later rounds.[/quote38a0fed]

If people wanted to send a detailed list like
1. Player A
2. Player B
18. Player K or whatever

that could work, or if someone wanted to just send a preference like: Best available QB.

If someone wanted to take the time to do make a full list I could handle that. Or if they wanted to jsut have a prefernce I could do that- or a mix of the two. I am willing to do anything to speed the later rounds up so that we can run each round (hey I had a 7th round CB boom to a pro-bowl CB earlier today in a single player career so every pick does count ;))