It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:11 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:05 am 
Omaha Arrowheads

Open your multiplayer game, go to Controls - Participants - Import game files - to grab the new stage file.

Teams the AI Modified their Roster/Depth:

Wrong Stage File:

Bad Import File:

2054/55 schedule: Sim's run at 6am MST

8/13/2019 - CFL Bowl
8/14/2019 - Beginning of 2051
8/15/2019
8/16/2019

8/19/2019
8/20/2019
8/21/2019
8/22/2019 - 2055 Coaches Draft @ 6 MST
8/23/2019

Atlantic Division Champions - 2007, 2008, 2010, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2028, 2035, 2037, 2039, 2044, 2046, 2047
Eastern Conference Champions - 2008, 2039, 2047
CFL Champions - 2008, 2039, 2047

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:42 am 

At Death Valley (not Baton Rouge) where they whupped us pretty good earlier this season. Another team that doesn't change their O GP but is dangerous nonetheless with good balance between their top WR, TE and RB in the passing game and no real weaknesses on D with some solid run defenders.

We march down the field for 7 to open things off actually passing more than running for the first time in a long time. DVY converts a couple 3rd and mediums before two big runs put them in the endzone. We continue to run well and Crabtree adds some nice YAC to have us in FG range quick but we get stuffed on 3rd and 1 and miss the FG. A 3andO for DVY limits the damage and Crabtree continues to excel accompanying Fulton in grinding out gains to put us back up 7.

Another 3andO from DVY as we are covering well downfield, we throw short on 3rd and 3 and they make the tackle getting them the ball back and they get a nice gain from the boom-and-bust run game but end up booting it into the endzone from midfield. Crabtree and Mardling get us into their R but Spradling can't reel in a couple passes and we fail on 3rd and short again so settle for a 10 point advantage. We get our own stop on 3rd and short and DVY is now at 2.4 yards per dropback. A sack derails us and DVY takes over just inside of 2 minutes. TE Stoen grabs a couple against our Cover-4 and they dink their way to a FG and 7 point deficit at the half.

Both teams are above 6 ypc on the ground with DVY being a bit more volatile but we have struggled in power situations. In the passing game we are at nearly 10 ypa while they remain below 5 but our 3rd down conversions are pretty similar. A TO for either team woudl go a long way in this one and I doubt we will be able to contain them for much longer.

A failed completion for DVY on 3rd and we are rolling again until a 3rd down run is stuffed (again!) and we setle for a long FG attept and come up short. Wr Shannon finally gets away form teh coverage and gets them at to our 22 but our D holds and we remain up 4. Our runing game is slowed down and anoher failed completion on 3rd with QB Woodard getting his knee dinged up and DVY takes over. A personal foul bails them out of 3rd and long but they can't capitalize and send it into the endzone. We are getting the groudn game going again but we lose it on a strip sack and TE Stone converts for 7 on a 3rd and 11 putting DVY up 3. We go 3andO and Shannon adds another huge gain with DVY now in FG range.

Teir FB gets another 30 yards for them to set up a 1st and goal form the 5 and they go to Stone 3 consevuite times cashing in on teh final attempt for a 10 point lead. Fulton and Crabtree get us moving and we finally convert a 3rd and short to set us up in their RZ but their pressure overwhelms us and we settle for 3. 3andO for DVY and we get it back but can't overcome the 1st down holding penalty. A penalty gives the a fresh set of downs and RB Buckley gets loose for 44 yards setting up a 1st and goal with the clock already down inside of 4 minutes and they go up 10 with 2:20 left. An INT seals it for DVY.

Well we outgained them but the 2 TOs and a failure on our part to get a decent lead let them recover and really dominate us down the stretch. Our pass D was great throughout with Buckley under 50% completions most of hte game and the run D was okay save that one big run. We also missed 2 FGs which woudl have changed things quite a bit in the endgame. DE Tnch was a beast for DVY with 4 pressures and 4 knockdowns seemingly always in the critical moments.

Best of luck DVY in the Bowl Game!

We are happy with our progress this season, another year of cohesion and we coudl make some real noise for the next couple years if we can migrate on from the 2-3 starters we are losing.

17 Division Titles
3-1 Bowls (2056, 2061, 2064, 2065)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:48 am 

Great game, and fantastic write up Ushikawa. You seem to know my team almost as well as I do. You've got me dead to rights about the O gp; I'm gonna need to step up the variety if I want to sustain any level success.
I also want to thank you for being such an active member of our community. I've been following your game summaries throughout the playoffs and you provide better analysis than Phil Simms, Jim Nantz, etc.
I feel that I got a bit lucky today. You had a great team and fantastic overall gameplan; I was lucky to keep up with you. The DE Tench you mentioned is one of my personal favorite players; he always shows up in big moments but doesn't have the endurance to maintain that level of play throughout. I didn't think anybody noticed him besides me, so your line about him made me smile.
I think there is a very bright future in Fargo with your powerful young team. I always look forward to our meetings; they are always intense.
Congrats also on Joining the 2k club with Fulton; I got there with a similar style back in fof 2007 but that was a very different game running wise. I think you put the record well out of reach; we'll be looking back on this as one of the best running back seasons of all time.
Good Luck with the off-season and draft; I'm looking forward to our next contest.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:46 am 
Shreveport Pride

GG, Masked.

I'm not sure what happened here, other than our magical/mystical ability to come out strong against Hartford once again shined for us.

This match up featured the two longest tenured owners in the game going head-to-head in a Conference Championship game: Masked, owner from CFL inception, and myself, owner from inception +1 season. Hard to believe we've been in this league 15+ years. Over 1000 CFL victories between the two owners.

Perhaps, it was an omen that the game would be a little odd, with our 17 year veteran QB, Brantley Gilmore, coming out to return the opening kickoff? WTF? Pulling out all the stops! Fortunately, he survived and returned the kick for 19 yards. As this is likely his last season, perhaps he told coach that he wished that just once in his career he would get to return a kick.

We got lucky with a Kick Return by The Beast, Devin Yeast after an opening drive FG by The Attack. After that the name of the game was field position. Two 1st half change of possession plays led to TD's for The Pride - a 4th & 1 failure from the Hartford 40 (running a reverse?) and a pooched 34 yard punt that Morey returned 17 yards to the Hartford 35 gave us short fields and 2 touchdowns. Our punter, Bollinger, kept The Attack pinned inside their own 20 for most of the game.

We were able to convert a 3rd & 2 into a TD when Gilmore checked through his progressions to find an outlet, WR Buddy Harden, wide open on a Deep Fade route. Our kicking struggles continued on the snowy field, missing 2 FG's during the game.

Hartford mounted a fantastic drive in the 3rd Quarter that consumed over 5 and a half minutes of game clock and ended with Archie Blanchard doing what Archie Blanchard does best - evading the pass rush and scrambling for a 12 yard score. But that would be it for scoring in this game. The stingy Pride defense (allowing only 16.5 pts/game during the regular season) clamped down on The Attack's attack and that was the end of it.

Congrats on a great season, Masked. Good luck next year. I have a feeling Gilmore is going to retire regardless of the result of the Championship and I'll be begin the painful process of rebuilding.

I look forward to the Championship against a very strong Death Valley team. Good luck, Jander!

Eastern Conference Champions
2009, 2031, 2055
CFL Champions
2031, 2055
Hall of Fame
Joshua Mask, Douglas Hartman, Carl Bradford, Leland Wellins, Wally Wooden (#80), Brantley Gilmore (#9)