It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: 2056 Week 8
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:13 am 
Omaha Arrowheads

Open your multiplayer game, go to Controls - Participants - Import game files - to grab the new stage file.

Teams the AI Modified their Roster/Depth: SAO

Wrong Stage File:

Bad Import File:

2056 schedule: Sim's run at 6am MST

10/21/2019
10/22/2019 Week 9
10/23/2019
10/24/2019 Week 10
10/25/2019

Atlantic Division Champions - 2007, 2008, 2010, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2028, 2035, 2037, 2039, 2044, 2046, 2047
Eastern Conference Champions - 2008, 2039, 2047
CFL Champions - 2008, 2039, 2047

Post subject: Re: 2056 Week 8
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:22 am 

GG Mikey, Roberto Cobb is just an absolute freak of nature. Hopefully I can get that death nail ready for Smitty next week.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:49 am 

Big division game in MIA their WR duo has been doing dang well so far will have to see if we can slow them down or force some errors as we know that Otis Perry and company own our asses on the other side of the ball.

MIA dinks and plods their way to our RZ and gets the FG to open things, we can't do much as MIA is baiting Woodard into double coverage. MIA recovers a fumble on the PR but goes 3andO. We match their incompetence and MIA is on top of the field position battle, 3 chunk plays including 2 on the ground and they go up 10 near ht eend of hte 1st Q.

Another 3andO for us and we pin them at their 1, and they go PA to TE Seeley for 99 yards missing the XP. Our O finally wakes up and get a couple intermediate completions with Fulton getting us on the board for a 9 point deficit. Kazcor conitnues to be efficent and they go for it on 4th and 2 in the orange zone getting the conersion on a screen pass. Seeley has another nice catch and run and Kazcor hits Kemp on 3rd down to put htem back up 16. Woodard hits Spradling downfield but he coughs it up and MIA takes over at midfield. MIA burns us again on 3rd down with another big yAC play and we get the strip sack on the next play but can't recover however MIA misses the FG attempt so we will get a shot at the 2 minute drill. TE Mardling has a 50 yard gain called back on our 4th penalty of the game. Woddard keeps throwing to Spradling in double coverage plus Perry and gets 3 consecutive intermediate completions to get us into a 1st and goal with 41 seconds left, and we finaly contain their rush on 3rd to narrow their lead to 9 just before the half.

Looks liek we will need a break or two, as MIA has recovered all 3 fumbles and had the 99 yarder and our O hasn't shown enough thus far to recoup 9 points on their own.

Woodard throws into double coverage some more but our receivers grab 2 more to get us into FG range, and we manage to get another TD to narrow the lead to 2 points. MIA gets soem nice runs on the edge and Kazcor is still efficient but another missed FG puts us in a position to take the lead. BOth teams go 3andO and Fulton can't move the chians for us and our D starts tackling better on MIAs dink attack. Rookie Wr bust grabs his one target per game downfield and SPradling beats double coverage again slipping away but it is called back on a holding call. And we fumble it away, putting MIA in possession on top of this field position battle. We stuff them on 3rd and 1 but this time their K comes through with 53 yarder to put them up 5 early in the 4th.

BOht teams ar at more than 9 ypa with MIA doing a bit better on the ground and on 3rd so agian I think this will come down to a big TO here int eh final Q.

And wouldn't you kno wit WR Spradling loses it on another catch over double coverage and MIA takes over in FG range and Seeley breaks off another big play to put them up 12. BOth teams go 3andO but the clock is now down to 8 mninutes. Spradling and Sheldon both beat double coverage to get us to their 30 quickly and TE puts us at their 5 and Spradling grabs it in the endzone to have us down 5 once again. Some nice tackling forces MIA into a 3andO and we take over with 3:30 left. We move to their 25 fairly easily and SPradling takes a short pass to the house to have us up 1 as we come up short on the 2 pointer. But there are still more than 2 minutes left. We finalyl get oru TO on a pick, we can't ice it but hit hte long FG to go up 4 and MIA can't do anything in the desperate hurry up.

Always fun to play you MIA, definitely didn't see the double overages coming at all. Proud of us for coming back in this one despite some early struggles.

Crabtree is finally back so we can get back to business on O hopefully. And with this win we are nwo on top of the division so all is right inthe world.

17 Division Titles
3-1 Bowls (2056, 2061, 2064, 2065)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:11 am 

After an awful outing in Week 7, the Toros jump right back into the fray against Vegas, and didn't stink up the joint. Close game. Most importantly, for the morale of the team, Jim O'Niel, rookie QB, garners his first game MVP for 300+ yards, 3 TDs, and no picks.

GG Vegas. It's one I actually don't mind losing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:35 pm 

GG Shreveport. I guess when my strategy of throwing it to the TE every time actually works, we can beat good teams. Love that my defense can clearly hang already this season despite the talent level not being where I want it to be.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:36 pm 
Tennessee Milita

Great Game King Kosar!!

What a battle.....The missed FG and the turnovers killed you. You had all the chunk plays.

The Militia is off to a surprising start at 6-2..... and back on top of the Deep South!!! Where we like it.... :twisted:

Eastern Conference Champions
2048, 2049
CFL Champions
2048, 2049
Home of Bart Godfrey - All-Time Rushing King
Proud captains of the Shreveport Kittens haters club

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:47 pm 

With week 8 logged into the books, I looked into the match up I had against the Atlantic City Phantoms, and despite some glaring and mistakes in the secondary, and on both sides of the line, it was a relatively successful week. While I comb over the details in the game log, the amount of deep combo routes that eviscerated my high volume of cover-1 makes me gag. In addition to getting punched in the mouth on deep crossing routes, I was gouged on several outside runs for 10+ at a time.

A few personnel moves I made resulted in absolute zero effect. I brushed off the lukewarm carcass of the All-Time-Sack-Leader and Three-Time-All-Team Defensive End Billy Ogden that resulted in a fair amount of snaps with little to no impact.
I was surprised the final score was as close as it was. Part of me thinks that the game ultimately was not as close as the score indicates -- the final score that drew it to a 3 score deficit occurred with 0:04 in the fourth. However, that last drive was nails. 99 yards.
Good Game, rbeyer.

Always sucks to come out of the bye-week with red cheeks just to get spanked again, but I think this team is trending in the right direction.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:58 pm 

GG Ush. I was hoping we would be able to split games with you this year and thought this would be our chance to get the win as you were without Crabtree.

We really needed those missed FGs. I felt like we had Woodard throwing into double coverage the whole game. Seemed like it might have worked in the first half but after that we couldn't stop him. Good luck for the rest of the season. We'll see ya again Wk 17.

I love your weekly game summaries. Always a good read.